iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder Chain: Who makes the best?

Started by dodgerd6, June 10, 2004, 03:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgerd6

I have a Treefarmer C6 with 18.4 x 34 tires and wanted to by a set of double diamond chains for the rear (I have ring chains on front). Does anyone have an opinion as to who makes the best skidder chain? I'm a weekend logger so I want chains that will last a long time, provide good traction and protect my tires. I've heard good things about OFA, Norse and Trygg. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

My friend runs Babac chains on his 648 E Deere and have been on there for the past 4 years and still holding up pretty good . Thats what I'll be putting on my 525 Cat. The ones you listed are all very good as well

Rob

Gary_C

It probably does not make any difference whose name is on the chain. They probably come from the same source in China. Two years ago I asked a local company that makes chain about studded chains and wanted to pick them up at the factory and they said the chain was not available there but was stocked in a warehouse, location not specified, but the shipping was free.

It's best to just find a few good dealers and compare price and how well they will stand behind the chain.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ed_K

I got a set of ice chains for my tractor from Labonville, thru the massy dealer in bernardston Ma. I've had them for 3 yrs now and they still look new, course I don't run them on the road to much  :D.
Ed K

smwwoody

Babac is american maded and leaps and bounds above the rest.  Look at the way thier studds are made and compair them to the rest   you will see why..

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!