iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sharp shop circular blades

Started by hackberry jake, August 06, 2013, 09:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

My miter saw started bogging down in cuts. I unplugged it and felt the blade. It still felt sharp so I figured it was just losing power. Well I decided to take my miter saw blade and one of my table saw blades to get them sharpened anyways. I have an extra table saw blade I put in the table saw but I didnt have an extra miter saw blade so while I was at my local cabinet shop dropping my blades off to be sharpened, I bought a new miter saw blade. WHOLLLY COW!!!! I didnt realize just how dull my miter saw blade had gotten. I made a few cuts with the new one and the saw didnt even notice when it hit the wood. Like a hot knife through butter. Just reminding you guys to sharpen your blades every once in a while.  8)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

tyb525

Carbide blades get dull so gradually it's hard to notice sometimes. It will make a big difference in your tablesaw I bet, less pushing required.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!