iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lines on wood

Started by peterob, April 29, 2014, 09:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterob

new to sawing an new used mill,  question,   started sawing today an the lumber has lines on them were blade cut,  why i really don't know haven't sawed much and learning,   i have a lt28 with all the extras  25hp motor an power head ( don't have to push  lol ) mill is a 2010  with maybe 100 hrs on it   thanks

thecfarm

Lines?? I would guess you have a tooth or teeth out of line. meaning it is bent down just a little.
I have found the bad one with an adjustable,learned it on here, bent it a little,much better,but still made lines.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

Quote from: thecfarm on April 29, 2014, 10:03:15 PM
Lines?? I would guess you have a tooth or teeth out of line. meaning it is bent down just a little.

Yup... what thecfarm  said.
Throw a new blade on and see if it cleans up.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

ladylake

Even new blades leave small lines, miss set or with a bent tooth they can get nasty.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

peterob

thanks for the help that makes a lot of since

Thank You Sponsors!