iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland 126 Mill and Kasco blades

Started by fishfighter, August 02, 2015, 03:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Well, here is a report using 7 drg Kasco blades. I find that sofar cutting pine, they are doing good. I did have to slow my cutting speed some. By doing that, I'm getting that great sound of the blade singing. Bad side, I'm getting more rough cut lumber. As you can see in these pictures.

Being just 2x4's, no big deal.

I will be cutting some oak in the coming days. That was the reason I bought these 7 drg blades in the first place. I will add to this report along with pictures for those that have the Woodland mills.

drobertson

I've had several makes do that out of the box, not all that common, but happens,  the resharp advantages with the Kascos' pay good dividends with my experiences,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

xlogger

drobertson, do you sharpen your blades or have someone to do it? If you do it what sharpener do you use and stone in sharpener? I'm playing around with the Kasco blades now to find best way. I had some trouble at first (my fault) and with some help from others getting it worked out.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

drobertson

I have a rinky dink baker face grinder, that works pretty good for me, I did have a great source for re grinding, but she since retired.  she only charged 4 bucks a blade to set and grind.  I like the Kascos for the simple reason the price is right and the quality is tops.  Hard combination to beat.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

fishfighter

Sofar, I am happy with them. Like I said, the real test will come when I start cutting some oak.

I did try different speeds. That didn't make a difference. Those 2x4's are cut from a butt end of a log. Not a single knot. I also adjust blade tension a couple times to see if that would help clean things up. Still no difference.

If I cut today, I will change out the blade just for the heck of it just to see if that cleans things up.

fishfighter

Cut some oak today. Was just a hair slower to cut when cutting 16" wide boards. The good side was the cuts were real clean. The log I sawed were fresh fell this morning. I still need to see how many BF I get out of a blade in oak.

The first blade, cutting pine, I got 150+ 2x4's, 3 26"x2"x10' slabs and a bunch of 1by's. Couple days later, I went to saw some more pine and on the first cut the blade broke. ;D

For $13.50, I think it was a good buy. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!