iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gawd I love phat wood

Started by Bob Lentz, March 27, 2012, 10:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Lentz

My fire went out as i didn't load it up enough this morning before i headed out.
So when i got home, raked the dead cold coals out, grabbed two hand fulls of phat wood and spreaded them out over and around the air tube, lit it w/ my torch and after they started to burn, i just filld up the firebox. 5 minutes later i'm in high burn heaven and the water is heating up.

I highly recommend the phat wood - you can buy it in boxes of 40lbs form various fireplace supply companies. Beats the hech out of kindling and paper  :D
eClassic-2400
Triangle Tube Backup (Propane)
Heating 6500 sqft house and small pool

redprospector

What do they get for one of those 40 lb. boxes?

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Texas Ranger

Mostly, we go out in the woods and pick it up.  But, that's kinda like grits, ya got to be in the south appreciate that. 8) ;D ;D ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

redprospector

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 11, 2012, 10:58:48 AM
Mostly, we go out in the woods and pick it up.  But, that's kinda like grits, ya got to be in the south appreciate that. 8) ;D ;D ;D

Haha. I don't get much grits since I moved west, but I do enjoy em when I go see my sisters.  :D
I usually let the grandkids sell little bundles of what we call "pitch wood" (same as fat, or phat wood). On the job I'm on I came across a 32" dia. log that's 30' long...solid pitch. I was just trying to decide if I wanted to start cuttin' & boxin', or just get what I want and leave it lay.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!