iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hippies love wood !

Started by scully, May 22, 2013, 07:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scully

Last fall when I got my mill I hooked up with a guy who puts on the music festevilles in this long retired x-mas tree farm down in the woods . I milled a bunch of hemloc and started restoreing his old house . We have since become very good friends . I was asked to build a fence around a pond that sits in the big open area out in front of the main stage and gladly jumped at the opertunity . The deal was cut down and mill any popler and make the boards out of it ! Well I did and it went great ! I did drop 1 huge bass wood and got a ton of lumber from it with a couple 10 and14' logs left over . So a couple days ago I flitched out 2 logs 3",21/2" thick took my chainsaw and built 4 realy heavy bench's  2, 10' long and 1, 8 and a 6' the head of security saw them and immediatly bought a 10, and a 6' I was coaught off guard by it and he got em cheap ! The long one will stay at the festival grounds with a woodburned dedication to a fallen friend . the 2 left will be in front of a side stage . As it stands now I will be building these for anyone who wants to make a donation and leave it for the festival grounds or for them to take home . I have set my mill up on a huge site right in the middle of it all ,and even trucked some large flitch's in ! I will also be selling fire wood and have 16 face cord ready to go !  I have been aproached by a few vendors who have said they want a bench as well ! I don't know how this is all gonna go but what a cool experiance ! I have been dubbed the king of artisan village ! I will get some pic's as soon as I can ,right now my head is spinning ! Who would have thunk !
I bleed orange  .

scully

I bleed orange  .

WDH

Now that is a great approach. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I must be a short haired hippie,hair length not by choice.  ;)  Because I love wood too. Probably some are not exposed to things,benches,like that. Now that you have them in front of them,the hippies likes them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

justallan1

Work is work. Glad your having fun with it, some folks would shy away.

Allan

Chuck White

Looks like you've found a nice little "niche" market Scully!  smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

barbender

Cool! I'd grow my hair out long for that, man! ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Skoalbandit78

Thank You Sponsors!