iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Earth Outdoor Wood Burning Furnaces or Heatmaster

Started by Logging logginglogging, March 27, 2017, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logging logginglogging

My e-classic 2300 is leaking so I am looking at all brands of outdoor furnaces that have a dealer in my area / or atleast my state. I found Earth Outdoor Wood Burning Furnaces. Anyone on here know anything about them?
What about Heatmaster?

dave_dj1

Logging logginglogging

Yeah I saw that. I think heatmaster looks decent though.

Engineer

I've posted a couple times about my transition from a Central Boiler CL5648 to a new Heatmaster G200.  I won't lie, the Heatmaster has has a couple of glitches, namely in a design flaw that allowed the fresh air damper to stick closed.  The good part is, the company sent me parts to fix the problem and the dealer I bought the unit from, had had my back all along.  Very supportive and a good company to buy from.   I really like my new boiler and I have cut my wood consumption by at least 50% over the old Central Leaker. 

etroup10

My dad has an earth wood burning furnace. I think he has had it for maybe 5 years. He was a little disappointed with the door. It wasn't very well insulated (could feel lots of heat coming off the door) and then last winter the The welds between the door and the hinges busted. He previously had a Taylor and really liked that wood furnace.
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

thecfarm

What about a Heatmor?
I've had mine since 2007 and had no problems with it until this season. I am not getting the air in the back like I should. The place that I auger out the ashes has burnt out?? I have no idea. When I don't need it for heat,I will clean it out and find the problem. My OWB has only been shut down for maybe a handful of weeks since I have got it. Each time when I was on vacations.I heat my hot water with it all summer. I read how some other brands have trouble with doors,controllers and keeping it clean. I just keep put the wood to it and aguer out ashes. Yes,I've had blowers go bad,but nothing bad. I only call the dealer for blowers,been through 3-4 in all these years.
Mine is the old type,I have no idea about the gassers.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

whitepine2

http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php

Check out this sight loads of info on all makes and models. Heatmore seems to be one of the top rated also Portage and Maine which I own and very pleased with.

E Yoder

The 2016 Heatmaster G series air intake box wasn't sealed up properly as was mentioned. Took a few weeks to figure it out. Some slicone and a small plug fixed it.
Otherwise I've been pleased with the G series performance.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

Thank You Sponsors!