iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MSU Spartans!!!

Started by martyinmi, January 01, 2014, 08:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyinmi

Best Rose Bowl ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Love it when the underdogs prove the "experts" wrong! ;D ;D
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

jtmccallum

Gotta love it. Go Green 8) 8) 8)
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Jeff

I really really wanted to watch and got tied up with some unforeseen events and wasn't able to :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SawyerBrown

'Bout time the Big Ten showed their stuff!  Congrats, MI guys!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

fat olde elf

After the victory my phone lit up.. Calls from Fort Myers FL. Buffalo NY. Kingston, WA
GA, VA and MI !!!! MSU is the only major university to win 2 or more national championships in 3 sports, 6 in football, 2 in basketball and 3 in ice hockey.  MSU is the first Land Grant school in the nation, started in 1855 ahead of Cornell, Penn State, Purdue(Cedarman)NC State,WI. Clemson, Iowa,MO and all the rest.Am I proud ? YOU BET!! In 1955 Michigan State College became Michigan State Univeristy, 100 years old and that's when I started, Yes, they won the Rose Bowl that year too.
I still wear my 1988 Rose Bowl t-shirt. I have 14 MSU t-shirts and 9 ball caps.

Imagine my delight  nine years ago when I found out that the Forestry Forum Pig Roast happened in Harrison, MICHIGAN. Been there every year since.....I will be there in August 2014.  One final shout-out, most forestry department are at Land Grant Universities. I really listen to our forester members, even SD and WDH....Say your prayers.  Happy New Year
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Cedarman

FOE, congratulations.  Got to root for the big ten.
Didn't watch one second of football this year end.  Just busy playing.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

MIsawyer

Raider Bill

My Mother Graduated from MSU in the late 30's or very early 40's.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

doctorb

Not being from Michigan, I would ask if MSU fans root for Michigan when the Maize and Blue are playing, and visa versa.  Did the Wolverine fans root for the Spartans yesterday or not?  I would think that home state pride and loyalty would win out, but there are some places where the interstate rivalry is so strong, that fans from one school can not root for their rival, even though they are playing in a bowl game against a non-conference opponent.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Shotgun

I would have to say that most Michiganians root solidly for the Big 10 representative in the Rose Bowl.  There are always a few holdouts, but that is to be expected.  Mary and I, although not big football fans, were glued to the screen.  That's a big event for Big 10 teams, followers or not.  Yup, we root for each other under these circumstances, but during the regular season, no so 'yup'.   :D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

RynSmith

I'm an Ann Arborite born and raised and I was sure rooting for MSU yesterday!   smiley_hollywood_cool

I root for them when they're playing anybody except the Wolverines (and knowing the Wolverines all too well, sometimes even then  ;D).

edit:  I don't know, Shotgun, don't recall ever rooting for OSU in a Rose Bowl... 

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

I will root for any team playing against a CA, FL, TX team or for any team playing against Iowa.  ;D

Now "Go Packers"

Rec'd a pic of Aaron Rodgers smiling, 
(with the words across the top)
The Bears broke my collarbone.    
(and across the bottom)
But I broke their heart.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

martyinmi

My daughter went to State for 4 1/2 years, as well as quite a few of my friends, so we are MSU fans all the way.
We are not so hard core though, that we wouldn't root for the fat weasels (U of M Wolverines) if they'd played in a bowl game. smiley_heh_heh

And Norm, we are Michiganders, not Michiganians! ;)
That two term governor we had from up above where da yoopers reside tried to push that crappy name on us! >:(
My spell check automatically directs me to Michigander when Michiganian is typed in.
I kinda feel like I'm breaking some law or being unpatriotic by typing it and not correcting it!!! :D :D 
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Shotgun

Quote from: martyinmi on January 02, 2014, 05:05:09 PM
And Norm, we are Michiganders, not Michiganians! ;)
That two term governor we had from up above where da yoopers reside tried to push that crappy name on us! >:(
My spell check automatically directs me to Michigander when Michiganian is typed in.
I kinda feel like I'm breaking some law or being unpatriotic by typing it and not correcting it!!! :D :D 

I'll readily agree with you, Marty.  Your 'two term governor' comment easily convinced me.   :D   How could I forget?  I guess was speaking for doctorb, and didn't think about it long enough.  Go Green!

I went to MSU for a while and graduated from Michigan Tech. Our kids are 'Yoopers'.   ;D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

chain

Don't even try to line up with the SEC, best to stay  in your league. Spartans did good! Watch 'Bama tonight roll over the Sooners, then watch Auburn dismantle the 'noles!

DanG

Quote from: chain on January 02, 2014, 05:53:57 PM
Don't even try to line up with the SEC, best to stay  in your league. Spartans did good! Watch 'Bama tonight roll over for the Sooners, then watch Auburn dismantle the 'noles!

I fixed that for ya, Chain. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

RynSmith

DanG

Yes it was!  I had no dog in that fight and enjoyed the fact that one of my least favorite teams was going to lose.  ;D :D 8)

Now I'm just going to let ol' Chain enjoy his little fantasy about his other rash prediction for a few more days. ::) :snowball: :new_year:
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

chain

Yeah, I'm eating crow on that one for sure! But hand it to the Sooners, great defense, impressed with their young q'back. 'Bama appeared as though they were awaiting their NFL contracts, very poor effort.

But never fear, the sky is not falling, Mizzou set everything right with a win over the Cowboys of OK last night!

Sonofman

Yes Clemson, I am glad they won and shut Ohio State up. Now it is Go Seminoles for me, to Raider Bill.  8) 8)
Located due west of Due West.

beenthere

QuoteBut never fear, the sky is not falling, Mizzou set everything right with a win over the Cowboys of OK last night!

Now your only fear is when Bielema fires up those Razorbacks south of you there....    ::) ::)
;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!