iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging winch for my tractor

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, April 29, 2014, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

You could check the list of manufacturers attending, give them,[Farmi, Norse, Taifun,ect.] a call let them know what you are looking for and say I'll be there ?day with cash and a trailer. What is your best price?  You could run into a problem with Vermont sales tax, I believe its more than Ma.
Think like a farmer.

Wellmud

I also own a Farmi 351P, and have been very impressed with its pulling ability.
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

Ed_K

I got my Baker sawmill that way.
Hilltop 366 I hang a pulley block from a tree,stand on the roof of tractor to get it high enough.
Ed K

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

47sawdust

holmes-
Sales tax does not apply on the day of the expo.At least Oesco did not charge me sales tax when I bought my Tajfun 2 years ago.
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

DeerMeadowFarm

Beenthere - I'm sure there'll be other guys there looking for the same thing as me! I'm not waiting for the last minute of the day deals either. I plan to look at them all, get their best offers and buy the best deal I can get. I'm in the market for another chainsaw and my wife wants a pressure washer for the dog kennel so maybe I can work a package deal.  ;)

DeerMeadowFarm

I went to the show and had a great time! I looked at all the winches available and decided on an Igland. It was the best deal I could find and I feel it's a very well made winch. No pictures on the trailer but I have some of it mounted and trying it out to skid a log:

I even used it to pull my dumptruck out of the mud later in the day. I am looking forward to putting it to good use. Thanks for all the advice!

Hilltop366

Your going to find it some handy, both of the Norse winches I have used are made by Igland.

Quote from: Ed_K on May 02, 2014, 07:05:48 PM

Hilltop 366 I hang a pulley block from a tree,stand on the roof of tractor to get it high enough.

Kd_K thanks for the tip, most of the trees on the lot I cut on are spruce, I got an idea that the branches won't hold much.

thecfarm

You will like it. They will last for years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

NHMike

Best of luck with the new winch!  You will love using it.  Do yourself a favor and get the Snatch Block...self releasing if you can afford it.  It will save you a ton of time and aggrivation.

I have the Farmi JL290.  I finally got out in the woods last Sunday to start skidding out logs from last summer's cutting.

Thank You Sponsors!