iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chain turner chain

Started by Larry, February 12, 2019, 09:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

My chain turner on my TK-2000 works great on most sawlogs. On slick bark species like sycamore it sometimes has trouble gripping and won't turn the log. On a few really weird shaped logs it has the same problem.

I would like to modify the chain so that it is more aggressive. Suggestions? I see WM uses a loop style, at least on the older LT-70's that I'm familiar with. How does this style chain work?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Percy

I have an old 70...2003...replaced the chain once already. I have the same problem from time to time. I get a little help from the  two plane clamp when that happens but some logs just look at you and grin.....and dont turn...thats when I get the bobcat....after some choice words... Got real stubborn once and dug a big rut in the log with the chain.....then tryed to turn with the clamp and bent the cylinder.....that will teach me.....big logs are impressive looking on the mill but like a mother in law, you dont wanna see them too often....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

bandmiller2

Larry, can you sharpen the chain teeth with a small angle grinder.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

moodnacreek

Especially on big logs I spend a ridiculous amount of time with a chainsaw 'rounding' the logs if they need it. Sure helps turn them.

ladylake

Make sure the chain is tight enough so the teeth aren't bending backwards .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!