iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How'd Ya Git Yer Username

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2004, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

;D  :) ;D  We have a lot of new members so I thought I'd bump this up. I was wondering how everyone came by their username we have some very unique ones? I was tagged fast eddy many years ago when I was an commuter airline pilot. I prided myself on being on or ahead of schedule the US Air pilots that rode with us tagged me with it. When I started using the internet in the early 90's I tried fast eddy as a username but it wasn't available so it was shortened to fstedy and it just stuck  ;D :)  ;D
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Kevin

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

After we got our first Wood-Mizer some 10 years ago,  I bought a pair of bib overalls.  Mary was against it.  She even protested me wearing them.  But they were more comfortable to work in and had lots of pockets that came in handy when you were working on something with small tools and having to put nuts and bolts someplace where you could find them again.

Probably half the people that know me don't even know I own a pair of bibs the other half has never see me unless I'm wearing them.  Kind of a two world thing.

Anyway,  she started calling me "Bibbyman" and that's the story.  
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Kevin

QuoteWhat was she thinkin??

She wasn't.  ;D

Danny_S

I used to be Buck. That was my cat's name.. he is compost now.. So I said the heck wit it and used me name.. Danny S
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

iain

Corley5

Got something to do with the Corley #5 sawmill I've got ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Percy

QuoteShe wasn't.  ;D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :Dkinda like my story cept my dad named me.......Ive forgiven him for that uhhh I think :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

EZ

First mill was an EZ Baker, now I'm EZ, everybody calls me EZ, even my Grandkids call me Grandpa EZ. Dont ask me what my real name is, cause I forget.  ;D
EZ

BW_Williams

I believe it was in the 3rd or 4th grade and there was a couple other Bryan's in the class, and I liked how my papa went by is first initials, so it's been BW every since.  Heck, now there's a newscaster, pro football player and I think a pro basketball player using my name!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

isawlogs

that was  easy .... it's what I do ...I saw logs  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ohsoloco

hiya

My wife babysits, when I come home from work I would say hiya to the children. One little girl started calling me hiya when she learned to talk. She still does after about 3 years.
Richard
RichardinMd.

Tom

I don't know why but my Granddad on Dad's side was assigned the name as a reverence to family history.  He gave it to his boy who turned out to be the one that made me and he assigned it to me.  Now I've tacked it onto my first-born.

There were a lot of nicknames I could have used but I had the chance of a lifetime.  I got envolved with the forum when there weren't many users and took advantage of the opportunity to use my real handle.   You can't do that just anywhere on the Net.  I feel pretty special to be me. ;D

Ed_K

My nickname is ede, but only friends call me that. I got it when I first learned to spell. I used my business type name here caus I wasn't up on forum edicate  ;D. Someday when my beard turns I'll change it to santa.
ede
Ed K

Dangerous_Dan

To get technical it's "Dangerous Dan the Pyro Man". When I was seven, I got a new neighbor who had a big party every 4th of July. Him and his friends were kinda wild and crazy, chucking cherry bombs around and occasionally setting the roof of my fathers house on fire with a stray helicopter or roman candle.  :o So I had to keep up with them and by 10 years old I was mixing acetalene and oxygen in ballons for a nice "pop"!  ;D Its a miracle I still have all my fingers and my hearing!  ::) Be safe, DD
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

Engineer

Registered Professional Engineer (Civil) in the State of Vermont.

Used to be known online as Jonnycat, but my e-mail changed, so the username changed too.  Good thing - I was sick of bein' cat litter.   :D  (This was some five or six years ago, before I showed up here.)

Frank_Pender

I, likr Tom have a hand me down from my fathers name. 8)
Frank Pender

Tam-i-am

my students gave it to me when they rewrote Green Eggs and Ham to be Tam I Am I don't want a difficult exam!

It was catchy so I use it everywhere, Kevin even gave me a custom license plate!
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Captain

Nope, I'm not a seafarer.  Never have owned a boat.  Never was in the military, and skipped right over the rank of Captain in the fire service....kind of goes like this...

When in college, I worked as an auto technicain at an independent repair facility.  I worked with two other guys.  One was kind of a mentor figure to me, very talented, by the name of Randy.  Brian, the other, although about 15 years my senior was not the brightest bulb.  Anyhow, many of the jobs that Brain did made return visits to the shop or some never left due to his lack of talent.  Randy would have me fix them, as a lesson to Brian, and I earned the name "Captain Comeback".  ie "Captain Comeback will fix it"  Somewhere along the way, Comeback got dropped and it just became Captain at my last job in a car dealership.  

The name stuck and still fits today as in essence that is what I do for my full time employer.  

Captain

pappy

I make and eat a lot of sawdust with the sawmill and shop  ;D

and my other one is what the grandkids call me -- Pappy -- I like what the little tike's call me best ;)

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

GareyD

Mine is the name I've had for most of my life..I say most because a funny thing happened to me and my name way back in 1972, when men were men....and had hair longer than their girlfriends... ::)

I took a copy of my birth certificate and went down to the local draft board to fill out all them papers they said I was susposed to fill out...signed my name on the bottom and got a real funny look from the clerk...she looked at me...she looked at my birth certificate...she motioned over another clerk, which got the attention of a big feller in uniform...who them came over to where I was...

The first clerk asked me if I was tryin' to be cute, or funny or what....I asked what she was talkin about as the big feller kept standin' closer and closer....she asks me why I didn't sign my legal name...Told her I had...I had signed as Gary, which was the only way I knew to sign the name I had been given from birth.....she shows me where my birth certificate was filled in as GarEy

I guess they thought I was tryin to be a draft dodger and get out on a legal technicality... ;D ;D ;D

I been GareyD ever since
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

crtreedude

CRTREEDUDE - I live in Costa Rica, grow trees, and I am not a girl. Not much of a story there. I Costa Rica I am probably known as the Gringo among the campesinos. Everyone has nicknames, and I was just informed that I have to start using them because I am "one of the guys" I felt very honored. However, they would be uncomfortable calling me Gringo to my face, I am usually Don Fred.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Hokiemill

The "mill" part is easy.  Hokie is because I graduated from Va Tech in 1991.  Football season ticket holder and loving every minute of this years unexpected season.  First year in the ACC and we go from being predicted to finish sixth to winning the whole conference outright.  The best part of it is that our arch rival, UVA, has never won the ACC outright and we do it on our first try.  I'm flying high!  Now if we can just look respectable against Auburn in the Sugar Bowl........

Thank You Sponsors!