iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

saw mill yard layout

Started by gtr, July 08, 2008, 07:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr

Has anyone discovered a good saw yard layout for a cutoff saw and edger in relation to the mill. The mill is a LT70. I am trying to be as efficient as possible.

Lil Badger Creek

I don't have an answer for you. But I am very interested to see what replys are yet to come!
Stephen

bandmiller2

GTR,boath edger and cutoff saw are easily moveable.figure where you or your off bearer pulls the boards off,from there easiest into the edger and cutoff.You may have to make slight moves but it should be apparent the easiest way for you.Mayby a storage table or two will also help and a trailer for trimings.                frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Bibbyman

Are you going to set up in a building? 

In our case, the building and where the doors, posts, etc. are kind of dictated where we put stuff.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

gtr

A building might be in the picture in the near future but for now we are set up in a 5 acre area outdoors.

Ron Wenrich

What other support equipment are you planning on, and how much production are you talking about?  A mill layout is what's handy for you and what you can afford in either manpower, material or money to put into other equipment. 

Its best to do the mill layout first, and design the building around that.  I've seen many buildings where the design was an afterthought and led to lots of unneeded problems.  But, your mill layout should have building constraints in mind.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!