iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Redbeards Woodlot

Started by redbeard, March 31, 2013, 01:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Today was beautiful sunny and warm out. Sitting in my sawmill seat looking at the log piles and lumber stacks I thought I would take a few pics. My road to the woodlot circles around the sawmill with log decks and lumber stacks on the side of road. 

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Jay C. White Cloud

Nice, neat, and clean...you keep a beautiful operation.  Your right, it did look like a wonderful day.  :)
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Meadows Miller

Looking Good As Always Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

brb

Jealous, right here, jealous!! Looks great.

Brian

Magicman

You have a nice operation Jeff.  smiley_thumbsup Thanks for the tour.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

m wood

oooh, i like your shed style.  that is some tidy work space.  My sons been giving me weather reports from seattle, and in new york, we've got snow coming again on Tuesday  :'(
nice redbeard
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

YellowHammer

Nice layout 8).  It is a beautiful place, that's for sure
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

RexBandit

I that is a very nice neat and orderly wood yard. Love the pick of the sawed wood all neatly stacked out drying.
I'm new so I can use all the help I can get.

Chuck White

Nice lookin' place you've got there RedBeard!  smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

justallan1

Very nice, RedBeard. I really like the shed with the Case sitting in it.
Allan

Ga Mtn Man

Serene is the word that comes to mind.  I may have to come camp out in your would shed, Jeff. :)

Looks like you're not on the part of the island that's sliding into the ocean. :o
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

drobertson

Beautiful, I could smell the fresh air,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

I'm just really glad you are not looking at is all from the edge of a precipice.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

AK Newbie

Beautiful operation!  I look forward to getting a chance to visit sometime!  Son went to Fallon for Top Gun School and I think they are gonna keep him down there to be an instructor.  They still have a house in Whidbey though so I will make it down sometime!  Thanks for sharing the pics of an awesome spring day! air_plane
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

mesquite buckeye

Very cool. When you going to cut some long stuff? ;D

I had a great-great uncle who lived on Whidbey.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

JimFX

That is some mighty fine looking land ..... Reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents had land down by Olalla. Could you stack that wood and neater for drying  .... sheeze man.
Nice ... thanks for sharing.

Peter Drouin

Looks good, you can tell a man has a saw mill with wood and logs all over the place,  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

That all looks nice. Looks like you have a plan too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ND rancher

Looking great Jeff. Wish you were closer to Portland, so I could make a side trip to see you when we go to Hermiston to see Gkids.   Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

redbeard

If anyone is traveling through my area your all welcome to come visit. I even have a RV hook up out by the mill. The weather is back to foggy and low 50s it sure was a sunny weekend I love the spring time here. We were ready for the grandson put a Easter basket on sawdust pile, I mounded it up as high as loader would let me and put grandma in the box to place it just right. You all know how hard it would be to climb the fine sawdust. He was a no show so I didn't get to capture the event.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

Well the idea was unique anyway.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Nice ranch Redbeard. Nice and neat and well kept. I'm familiar with most of the trees as I've worked on the BC coast. They all look nice in the bright sun.  :)

I bet that chocolate bunny tasted some good. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sawdust Lover

Looks great redbeard! What do you do with all your sawdust?

redbeard

The sawdust has been a multiplying problem lately some horse people were taking it but I haven't heard from them for awhile. CL free add gets to be time consuming babysitting them plus they usually leave a mess. I am stationary so a lot of bark n dirt gets mixed in it. I will end up burning it eventually I always through a few scoops on the slash pile when I burn(always before fire is lit I won't make that mistake again.)

Thank You Sponsors!