iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, mohicanww!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Fernando2

Lucas Mill 830, as support equipment a couple of LOgrite peaveys and various chainsaws

Weekend_Sawyer

Welcome Fernando,

What are you sawing out there on the left coast?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

mstahl

LT50 electric. If you operate stationary, electric is the only way to go.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, mstahl.

Been to Talkeetna, several years ago, 1985-1989, off and on!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Shutterman007

Quote from: Mr Mom on January 26, 2006, 11:03:57 AM
     All i have is a chainsaw.

You need to buy me logosol mill to use with your chainsaw! Shutterman
     Thanks Mr Mom

Flyingpig

We have 4 mills now. First one was a custom Alaskan mill using a Husky 2100 featuring a 34" cut width.

We bought an old Sears Roebuck circle mill and have been using it as a parts mill.

Last fall we picked up a Belsaw M14 featuring a 42" saw and a Datsun L20B for power. It popped our circle mill cherry, and now we're bit by the sawdust bug hard.

A couple weeks ago we found basically the exact mill we originally wanted. It has a 46" saw, a full hydraulic carriage and feedworks, hydraulic log roller, outfeed conveyor and divertor, and a sawdust blower. It came with a 4-71 for power. In the deal we also picked up a Beaver 49 planer that we will power with a Perkins 6-354. Thinking we should be done collecting mills now! Ha ha.

Frontier_Paul

Frontier OS27 
144 band blade
13HP B&S
18ft track

TRTermite

1956 Left Hand Long Mandrel  #8 Corley 2 Head block (looking for a third head block) 605 Minnie LP Corley edger

TimW

I brought home my new Woodmizer LT40HD Diesel last month.  Two days after bringing it home, my excavator smoked it's wiring.  I have been replacing all wiring since then.  Next weekend I hope to saw my first log on it.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Chuck White

It's great to see all these new names here on the Forestry Forum, Welcome to all of you!

TimW

Thanks Chuck!  I forgot to include a photo of me picking the mill up at the dealer in East Texas.  Only thing I find wrong with the WM is the orange paint.  It doesn't match my truck!

Ok, how do you upload a photo to a post from your computer?
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Magicman

Obviously your truck is the wrong color.  :D

Scroll all of the way to the very bottom of the index page:  Updated Photo Posting Tutorial in Technical Support Topics
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

TimW

Thanks MM.  Guess I need to get an orange paint brush.
          hugs,  Brandi

TimW

MM,
On second thought, I need a RED paint brush! 
hugs,  Brandi

Montanaskeeter

First post on this forum.  I just picked up my new 2018 Timberking 2500 mill last week.  I had used a Timberking 2000 for the past 7 years and a Timberking B-20 briefly before that.  

When the logs get really big, I use my Stihl MS880 with a Granberg Alaskan 72" Mill.
Dan

thecfarm

Montanaskeeter,welcome the forum.
Must have gone through some logs sawing in that time frame.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Montanaskeeter!

hturner12

Ezboardwalk Jr not sure which blade yet. Gave 2 ripper 37 now 2 kasco 4° are comeing
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

bwstout

Shade Tree Saw Mill home built by me  ;D   Alaskan Saw mill retired too much work!! ;D

home built mill

Bill Mc

First Post:

I've been reading all that the Forestry Forums has had to offer for the last two years. I hope that what I have gleaned from my studies here will add to my success. We are due to pick up our Woodmizer on October 6. First time sawyers here, so we went with the LT50HDD35W-RA with all her bells and whistles. I would like to start a modest business with my grandson that he can take over when I'm no longer productive :D Thanks for all the hours of enjoyment reading your adventures. I look forward to sharing some of our own.

Bill Mc  

Woodpecker52

I run a woodmizer LT15 start mill, extra set of bed. I designed a mechanized feed system using #40 roller chain, fixed and idler sprockets, 1 HP AC electric motor, gear reducer, and reversible drum switch.  I can vary speed by using step pulleys if needed.  This really saved on time and effort.
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

Woodpecker52

Had to rethink the ac motor thing, they could not handle the duty cycle of constant start stop forward/reverse.  Thermal breakers would kick in about after 30 minutes.  Got a good deal on 3/4 Dayton dc with speed control forward reverse etc.  I designed a toothed cog and lift system so I can engage or can free the head and use it manually.  This comes in handy when I want to see how the blade FEELS, like say its feeling dull, or short in the tooth or just plain board!!
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

H Ray G

Bought  a Timbery M100 with (9 1/2)HP motor April 2018 new to mill

kkennedy64

I have an LT40HD on order, should be here in a couple weeks.  I have used an old LT30 in the past.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG26

Thank You Sponsors!