iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Banned from auctions

Started by Norm, December 08, 2011, 06:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Well not really but I think the checkbook will get locked up before I head out next time.  :D

I'll drag it home to my shop for a winter project. The old girl runs like a top just needs some TLC.

thecfarm

I like green almost as I like grits. ;D   But still looks like a nice tractor. Sheet metal looks good on it. What the plans for working it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

I don't own a small tractor on 30" centers so I'll use it for the truck garden and to run augers and such.

My buddy who I farm with made me do it in case Patty asks.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Those old green tractors hold value. Dad sold one after 25 years in service for more than the original cost. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

Nice 4320, I love those green tractors.  :D :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Nice find Norm.  I would even eat Green Grits.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Al_Smith

Well if you want to look at it ,it doesn't make much diff what color they are ,they all hold their value .

Unless you payed too much or flogged them to death it's kind of like an investment .Use it for x amount of time and at least get your money back if you sell it .

Even one with age like an 8N Ford,TO 20-30 Fergy ,Massey 35 will fetch 4 times today or more what it cost new .

WDH

First grits, then John Deere  :).  You can get away with the grits since us Southerners are in a minority.  However, now TheCfarm, you are walking on thin ice and your pipes are only buried just below the grass  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

That there little guy needed a good home , Good on you for providing it  ;D :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Norm Thats A fine tractor tractor ;) :D  you have there Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Dont worry You are not alone  ;) :) :D Jesi already knows what Im like with auctions  Mate  :) :) ;) :D :D :D ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Roxie

It all sounds so familiar!  Brings back memories of this:

Within days of this picture, I pulled my car into the garage and saw what appeared to be the suicide of a tractor with parts all hung from the ceiling rafters to be painted. 

The next morning, when I backed out of the garage, I was very surprised by how orange the sunrise looked through my windshield.  When I got to work, and got out of my car, in the real sunlight, it had a Case orange mist of paint all over my lovely teal vehicle. 

I'm sure that you, Norm, have a designated area for that type of thing well away from Patty's ride.  Just saying....    :)

Say when

Chuck White

Quote from: Al_Smith on December 08, 2011, 07:57:58 AM

Even one with age like an 8N Ford,TO 20-30 Fergy ,Massey 35 will fetch 4 times today or more what it cost new .

Congratulations on the new tractor Norm!

This is very true Al.

Back in "I think" 1954, my dad bought a new 8N Ford for $600.00 and it came with a pair of tire chains and a 2-bottom plow and a disc harrow!

Now people are getting over $3,000 for the bare tractor.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

I love those 4320's, you will too!  Only thing I've heard negative about them is that (in general) they're not the best starting in cold weather, that's why they make engine heaters  :).  Nice find and good luck with it!

Coon

But Sandhiils that is what Norm has a nice big shop for..... to keep his nice toys er i mean tools warm.  :D 

Those 4320's are good tractors and now Norm will need to find a nice loader for it to make it even more useful around the farm.  ;) 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Norm

I was surprised what some of the tractors went for at this auction. I was looking for a 4955 in decent shape or if priced right a basket case but there were none there. Pat you should make the trip next year. I saw tons of folks from your area here. It's a once a year auction and quite the event around us.

Coon I have a JD7210 with a front end loader so this one will stay bare. My plan is to use it for a few years and then sell it but we all know how that works.  :D

sandhills

Which auction is it?  If it's that big I guarantee you saw a few of my neighbors there, I've never been to a sale that they weren't at and they LOVE the big ones, by the way if you run into Gene coming to pick up his machinery tell him to call me, I need his stalks for my cows again  :D :D. 
Seriously though, a true story about him, He's a bachelor, still lives with his mom and farms maybe 3 quarters, he bought a JD 9760? combine at a sale in south Kansas a few years back because (in his words) it was just too cheap, it sat in his shed for 2 years because the heads for his 6620 wouldn't fit it  :D.  He's a character, took off to get it at 9 pm one night with his little garbage truck/service rig (I honestly don't know what it is),welded a hitch on the back of the combine, hooked up the little truck and pulled it home with the combine!  Got pulled over sometime in the wee hours of the morning and didn't have a bill of sale or anything for the combine to prove he owned it, luckily he was worried about them switching things around before he could get down to get it so he had written his name on the inside of both front tires, the trooper let him continue on, I think it took him 2 days non-stop  ::).

CHARLIE

I don't farm and really have no need or use for a tractor.....but......I'd give my eye teeth to have a small 1940s vintage Farmall tractor to drive in parades and such. I saw one once that was for sale and looked to be in pretty good shape and was close to buying it.  Except......I mentioned it to Donna and with her arms folded and her toe tapping she looked me in the eye and said, "You don't need a tractor."  End of story. :(    Someday though......and I won't ask next time. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Norm

It's Dailys auction Pat.

Daily's Auction

They had about 4 or 5 of them there Charlie. Let me know and I'll get you one next year. You can tell Donna I'm storing it at your place so my wife won't find out.  :D

Patty

You know, life's too short not too enjoy it with lots of toys. Any man that lets me buy a bulldozer, can have all the tractors he wants.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

Well I see the neighbor buying stuff at auction and no need/use for most of it that I've seen. Two acres of carrots ,broccoli, lettuce and beats, 3 or 4 yearling cattle, 2 green houses heated with 30 cords of wood with grow lamps in one and 10 acres of grains mixed so you can't tell if it's suppose to be beans, buckwheat or oats.  And harrows up 40 acres of ground all summer and never plants anything on it. ::) Now this bunch is living proof you don't need to work much for a living. :D ;)

So I guess Norm can well have his tractor if he wants it. :D ;)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

AvT

Norm knew it, I knew it, everybody in the forum knew he wasnt banned from auctions because we all know that a lady with a D6 would never do that to her man!
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

red oaks lumber

norm
the  tractors a  beauty but, its no match for patty and her dozer  :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

isawlogs

Quote from: Roxie on December 08, 2011, 09:48:37 AM
I When I got to work, and got out of my car, in the real sunlight, it had a Case orange mist of paint all over my lovely teal vehicle. 

You get tinted windows for free and manage to omplain about it  ::)    Some pay big money to have that done, maybe not in Case orange though!    :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!