iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What A Morning

Started by Autocar, December 26, 2011, 03:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Got up at five and with my skidder transmission in the shop and everything done, I felt needed done. I grabbed my over and under and went hunting over at Killdeer Plains in Hardin Cty Ohio around nine thousand acres as flat as a pan cake. It is basically managed for water fowl but acres and acres of timber and feilds. Once you get out of the truck your walk in water it is wet lots of muskrat houses and geese. It was clear and dead calm what a morning to be a feild, I walked the edges of standing corn, alot of fence lines but never seen a rabbit or pheasant. Did I go to kill a bird or rabbit no sure didn't went just to be afeild  ;D. Ive never hunted ducks but theres acres of flooded standing dead timber and marshes around every corner. What I like about the place is they lock gates over alot of the blacktop roads and you have to walk in. Some of the sections are two miles square so alot of folks won't walk in so it makes for a good time. To be afeild logging or hunting or just to be out on such a great morning is a blessing for sure.
Bill

WildDog

Sounds like an interesting spot, Any pics Autocar?
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Chuck White

Sounds like what I would call "a thinking walk".

Just getting out away from everything and do a little/lot of thinking, depending on what's on your mind in the first place.

Very relaxing.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

There is not much more valuable sometimes than quality time alone.  Clears the cobwebs.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!