iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gloves

Started by Rockn H, October 12, 2005, 06:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockn H

That's what I should have been wearing when I opened my knew box of blades. :-[  The flat box from WM that has 15 blades.  I knew better, but started to take the big hog ring off that holds them together without getting my gloves. :-[  Well all 15 sprung loose, of course, and sliced two of my finger tips right at the point of stitches. 

I know everyone knows to wear leather gloves when dealing with band blades, but I thought I might remind everyone not to get in a hurry and feel as dumb as I do right now. :)

Dan_Shade

i hate wearing gloves, but that's the one time I try to, but I dont' always :(

i remember my first adventure of uncoiling a band blade: when I got halfway done, and realized I was in a really bad spot.  I wear welding gloves now. gashed my palm pretty good, but I got lucky, it wasn't too bad.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Furby

Thought you weren't supposed to remove that clip ???
It says to remove one blade at a time and even has a warning to wear gloves and eye protection.

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Wonder how ya know that. ::)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Rockn H

Furby, you are right.  I wrote that when I had just finished with the first aid kit. ;D  What I meant to say was the large tie at the bottom.  When I took it off they sprung off the table.  I was too busy looking at my fingers and calling myself stupid to even look at the blades.  Now I know that only a couple made it out of the hog ring.  I have never had this happen, but this was the first time I tried it without gloves.  Go figure. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!