iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

some shots of my mill and me

Started by markd, March 10, 2012, 12:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markd

markd

Holmes

Very nice pictures , thank you for posting them.      In the last picture it appears you have the levitation process mastered.  8)  ;D  Who taught you that? ;)
Think like a farmer.

Magicman

Looks like you are on top of your job Mark.  :)  Thanks for sharing some very nice photos.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Nice markd. What kind of mill is that? We had a buzz saw. We had a table that would tilt forward and back. The sheetmental looks good on that Case. What year is that?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Buck

Like Holmes, I love the levitation trick. If you could talk us through that I would be most appreciative. We were just talking about a buzzsaw over the last few days. Poston had been given a blade for one and wondered what he had.  Great pics!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks for sharing Mark I miss sawing Douglas Fir I was up at Hull Oakes about 6 months ago I would have dropped in a said Gday as I just love seeing and running real mills Mate ;):):):)

With the Buzz saw we call them a firewood bench here and my cousins and I use to be able to put a tractor trailer load out in a day all stacked by hand theirs was mounted to the front of a W6 though ;) :):):)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Chuck White

Nice pics Mark.

I noticed the Buzz Saw too.

I think there were two types made, one had a tilt bed and the other had a roller type bed like yours.

Both work well, just gotta be careful.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

markd

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the pictures I finally figured out how to post them with help from my wife the whiz. I really enjoy your pictures too, It's great fun to see all the different ways you guys come up with to accomplish the same thing. I thought you guys would like that levitation trick, it took me quite awhile to master that. I'll give up my secret with some more pictures a little later. The case tractor is "53" not a dent in it. Got it for removing a giant old maple tree from a friends front yard. I don't know the make of my mill I believe 1922 American built on school bus frames and powered by v6 diesel school bus engine.When you visited Hull Oakes you were within a mile of me, I hear their steam whistle at 7am and 3:30  and noon each day. What a place eh?
markd

customdave

Hey neat photos, looks like your havin fun...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Al_Smith

A bus frame or a long straight truck frame makes a nice track base for a mill .It's usually plenty heavey with an 8" rail and rivited cross members .At the right place they can be found relatively cheap as compaired to buying steel and building a frame from scratch .Coincidently I had a conversation with a friend of mine last week who got an old Frick and was quizing me for ideas .

customsawyer

Great pics. and nice looking mill.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Mooseherder

I like the sawyer's booth. ;)
Did you build it along with the mill?

scgargoyle

Don't fall for the old 'levitation trick'. He just super-glued the log to his hand. :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

DanG

I was thinking he has mighty good grip in his left hand.  I have to use my right hand to do that.

Nice set-up and pics, Mark! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Brucer

Oh, for heaven's sake. He couldn't be lifting it. The centre of gravity is way off to the side of his feet ::).

He's bouncing it!  :D
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

WildDog

Great pics, looks like a nice place to go to work, certainly beats an office.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

FeltzE

Great pics, makes me miss my old circle mill.

I like the levitation trick, saves money on handling equipment too!

Eric

customsawyer

It is easier if you put one in each hand. Keeps you balanced. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

markd

Hey, any of you guys ever cut a pin oak? I got a real nice 16'er about 14" on the small end today, They're ornamentals around here, are they native to any of you? I took it out of a local guys yard for him, it's 32 yrs old, grew pretty fast and looks real clean and straight, what do the use pin oak lumber for? Markd

markd

Thank You Sponsors!