iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another whatzit goona be whatzit

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2007, 09:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

;D

Can ya tell from whats laying here?  I'll say that I am trying to build something to help accomplish something that is in my Forest Management plan wrote for our property by Ron Scott.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

I know, I know!
"Might" be able to get you a loaner if you'd rather. ;)

Tim L

I got a wheel barrow that looks just like that !
Do the best you can and don't look back

SwampDonkey

Well, I think I know why it got sacrificed. My uncle had a wheel barrel just like it. It bottomed out and started rubbing on the wheel so you couldn't push the Dang thing any longer. I can't imagine what your converting it into though unless it's for skidding to keep the buts of logs from gil-poking into the ground. Kinda like a skid cone.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

I'd be with SD on this one....skidding cone ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Jeff

Nope furb, you may be right. Message me about the one you have, Cause if this one doesnt work, I may need back-up. I've never used one or seen one up close, but I know the prinipal of operation and hope I can make it work from there. (that is IF you are right! ;) )

Jeff

I think the next picture will give it away, so I'll wait.  ;D

farmerdoug

A new helmet for the Boss to protect him from the Boss Lady? ::) :D :D :D :D

Actually my vote is a makings of a pull scoop for cleaning out a pond.  Jeff, who is going to drive the atv and who is going to operate the scoop? ??? ;D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

Jeff,

If you have use of a tractor, we have a 3 point hitch one not being used for a while.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Fla._Deadheader

I wanna see the video of the first time ya use it.  ::) ::) :D :D :D :D :D

Could be some interesting video, EH ??? Hang on tight  ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

I just made a big long post and somehow closed the tab. >:(

I'll be back when I am done gnashing my teeth. >:( :D

SwampDonkey

I ain't never done that before.  ::) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmerdoug

Jeff,

Save that energy for the pond. 8)

Are you sure the Boss Lady did not just edit your post for you? ???

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on June 09, 2007, 10:19:56 PM

I wanna see the video of the first time ya use it.  ::) ::) :D :D :D :D :D

Could be some interesting video, EH ??? Hang on tight  ;D ;D ;D

Yes the first tree root or stump will be quite a shock to the shoulders, Jeff. :o

I think you need Furby there to help you out. ;) ;D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Gary_C

I used one of those once.  :) 

Can't really remember where I left it and haven't looked for it either.  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Dave Shepard

I thin you are going to use it for Item #4 on the list. It is some sort of dredging pan like they used to pull behind ATVs horses.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I'm going up tomorrow with my sister and brother in law. They are coming back Wednesday and I may, or may not come back with them.   Where I need to use a pull bucket is in dredging the little intermittent stream area Ron Scoot talks about in my management plan so it has some watering holes. I can't use a tractor back there, at least not without changing some things I don't want changed. I can either use the quad, or probably chain the quad to a tree and use the winch. I have a 16 foot remote, so theatrically, I could do this by myself.  If I dont come back with Lynda, Tammy will come fetch me on the weekend.  The Harrison Engine show is Saturday, so I have a little incentive to come home.  :D

I knew those masonary  blades would come in handy one day...

I'll go over to my friend's house in Stalwart tomorrow after we get up there, and weld a chunck of angle iron across the front top as a strengthener. I'll probably attach the handles tomorrow while I'm waiting for my ride.

I'm cheap, and I try to make stuff that will get me by the easiest way I can. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.  If it were dry enough, or gets dry enough to get a tractor back there, I can use Lou's John Deere and backhoe. That may still be an option.

I've had this big wheeled mower in the barn and it aint been started in 7 years. I put gas in it yesterday, primed it with th push bulb, and it started first time.  You can set this mower up over 5 inches off the ground. I'm going to try to use it for a rough terrain mower. I aint got nothing to loose if it don't work. Its a 5 horse, so its big for a pusher.  What I did was drilled a hole in the front of the deck and put in a stud.  I had another tool in the barn that I hope to never ever use again for its intended purpose, and thats a shingle ripper.  I bored a hole in the blade, dropped it over the stud, put a pin in it, and now I can drop the handle of the shingle rake over the ball on the quad. Should work fine for a tow bar as its all metal construction with steel pins holding it all together. :)

Jeff

Deadheader, you know me, I document everything. :D  I'll have the camera. I've even got hopes of setting up the laptop in my woods with a webcam if I get a good connnection.  That way you can see when to send help, or worse case, the recovery team.

Jeff

One more picture of the dredge/ pull bucket/ whateveritis  as it stands right now.  I dont know why it wont work in that muck.

pigman

When I was a lot younger, I was using one of those dirt scoops behind a horse to clean out a spring for cattle water. The scooped hooked on a ledge rock just as the horse made a big pull and I almost ended on the horses back. :o
I think the winch would be a good idea, slow and steady.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

You have some good ideas....hope they work.  For a suggestion, put some kind of kill switch on the mower engine, as it may flip easy and trying to get to it while it is running might be a bit dicey. A string to the plug wire might be enough. bt  ;D

This gonna be fun, so have a good time.  :)

Here is a pdf of some old pics of a dirt slip and the like.
The Fresno Scraper
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Bob, thats what this is, this is a spring feeds stream, the springs originate right there close to where I want to dredge.  I wonder, could a guy get a drinking water source in a sping in a swamp?

Furby

Suction in the muck may be higher then you think. ;)

Clean up the spring and have the water tested, ya never know. :)

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on June 09, 2007, 11:09:01 PM
You have some good ideas....hope they work.  For a suggestion, put some kind of kill switch on the mower engine, as it may flip easy and trying to get to it while it is running might be a bit dicey. A string to the plug wire might be enough. bt  ;D

Already got that covered and tested.  :)   The mower has a squeeze handle. You know the kind, you squeeze them together before you can pull the starter cord to start it.  I have a spring attahced to a cord that goes around the handle, and comes up and connects to the hitch on the tow vehicle. The spring tention keeps the handle together, but if the mower somehow comes unhooked form the quad, the cord pulls the spring off, killing the mower engine. :)

Furby, suction should be irrelevant other then me trying to walk behind the scoop.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!