iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Mill Has Landed

Started by woodweasel, March 28, 2013, 07:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodweasel

Got it home day before yesterday! Jay and Renee at the Woodmizer Texas location were awsome! Yesterday I went to school of cutting! First lesson I learned was what to do when blades hit nails! First cedar log I cut had some in it! I now have a metal detector!!Lesson number 2 was to turn off water on lubrication system when I walk away! Im a slow learner so this took me 2 times to get it!! Gonna cut some more pecan, soon as it gets daylight this morning!! Class starts here in about 30 minutes!Daniel ;D ;D ;D

thecfarm

The wait is over, Glad you are having a good time with your mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Cedar is Elementary School.  Pecan ( smiley_devil) is PhD School (Doctorate)  :).  Put some new batteries in the camera  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nomad

Glad you're having a good time!  It's nice to be excited about something, isn't it? 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

justallan1

Congrats on the new mill.
When I first got mine I put it in the carport (the wrong direction) just so I could play.
Have fun.
Allan

Magicman

Sounds like you skipped kindergarten when you started Sawing School.   :o   Congrats on the mill.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tim Lea

Congrats let the dust fly..

Andy White

WW   I saw that your new mill was gone from Rocking D and knew that you were makin dust. Congrats on the mill, and love that Pecan while you can!Keep us updated, and send lots or pictures,  or it didn't happen.... Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

orion388

Congrats Daniel.. Happy sawing ..

LT35HD, Kubota L4330, Stihl 361, 026, Massey Fersuson 55, Ventrac, Grasshopper, Small dumptruck and a huge yearning for knowledge from this forum.

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: Magicman on March 28, 2013, 09:38:06 AM
Sounds like you skipped kindergarten when you started Sawing School.   :o   Congrats on the mill.   :)

Maybe he's gifted  ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Chuck White

Congratulations on getting your new mill home Dan!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Best of luck with it 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

I have always heard "I would rather be lucky than good"  I'm not so sure I buy into this way of thinking. Just saying, get everything right and let things fall where they fall, some things hit with a bang, others hit softly,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!