iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Next Exit

Started by Magicman, May 12, 2014, 07:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

If you are traveling on any Interstate Hwys The Next Exit is a must.  Ours is an '07 Edition, but that is kinda like a Road Atlas.  They don't really get out of date, they just get dogeared.  It is handy dandy to be able to look ahead and know what services are ahead of you.

Ours is a 2007 Edition but it still is OK.

We will be looking for Chewacla State Park, and now know to take Exit 51 "E".  We also know that there is a Waffle House on the West side where we can get breakfast the next morning.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

NWP

Cool. I'll have to pick one up. I passed a town with nice hotels and restaurants one time and decided we'd go on to the next town with the same size dot on the map as the one with the nicer amenities. The lesson that was learned is just because the map dots are the same size, they might not have nearly comparable places to stay/eat.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

scsmith42

Yup, I have kept one in my truck for years. It comes in handy for finding stations with diesel.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Gadrock

In the past I was lucky to have travelled quite a bit. Funny thing about looking at those symbols that denote the size of a town. we associate those dots for fuel, lodging, and other ammenities. Some of those symbols are associated with qualities of highways.

Upon arriving in the backsides of Colorado, Wyoming, South Dekota, etcwe soon learned that a town that had maybe 5000 people, back East would only have a 100 or so inhabitants. Lucky that we had fuel in reserve along with other supplies because all we found many times was a fuel pump on a closed down store. Sometimes there was less.

On motorcyle trips some of those roads were large gravel that wa quite dangerous. So why travel them? Because we would have to backtrack 70 or 100 miles of good roads or cross 50 miles of gravel. The return route could require 300 miles.

So why don't they have a uniformity in those symbols?

david G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Qweaver

We used it a lot coming across the states but in WA and AK we were not on interstate and it is of no use in that case.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Thank You Sponsors!