iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine??

Started by Magicman, April 29, 2017, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, as we speak...

But I'm only cleaning up some of what was bought in Vermont.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Hey, thats the cone I whacked the top off into the trash can. ;)
I went back a couple nights later to order another small cone.  The Mainer Ice Cream server lady took my order and walked away.  She comes back to the window and asks " Was that a small or large again?"
She is 0 for 5.

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on July 24, 2017, 07:43:56 PMSo next we will probably be told how it was dumped into the trash can so that he could eat the cone.  ::)  Now, who in their right mind would believe that??   ??? 

Quote from: Mooseherder on July 24, 2017, 09:11:51 PM
Hey, thats the cone I whacked the top off into the trash can. ;)

See, did I tell you what he would say??   ??? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Here are a few random pictures that I did not post while we were traveling:

Don't mess with me and I will not mess with you.

This guy escaped from Hamsley Hardwood.   :o

I am supposed to back the trailer to where??

Logrite's  CNC Plasma Cutter Table Operator.

A Chevrolet Corvair Station Wagon with a camper.

A close up of the Corvair.   ;D

Yes, PatD took a turn piloting the lobster boat.

And Yes, this is a McDonalds.

And Yes, Moxie also comes in a 2 liter bottle.

A sad image of Woodhauler's (Ron Carter) truck door.  I told Mooseherder more than once how much I enjoyed meeting Ron, and what a great guy he was.  Loosing him was a sad Forestry Forum day.  :'(  It was our joy and pleasure to meet Ron, his wife Cathy Katie, his Son Nathan, a Daughter, and three Granddaughters.  They will all forever be in our hearts.

This excavator has a Maine license plate.  :o

I especially liked this view of Katahdin Mountain, the North end of the Appalachian Trail.

Would Jim Rogers approve of this "timber frame"?   :-\

A wood burning heater inside of a McDonalds. 

thecfarm does NOT have ALL of the rocks.

Jeff would Love to have this calendar.

Can you hear me now??   ;D

Driving through the covered bridge going to loggah's place.  Yes, the camper was behind me.   :o

A pretty lady beside a pretty stream.   :)

This is the furthest North East that is possible to drive to in the United States.

And now some random ramblings about some things that we saw in the Glaciated North:

Mail Boxes hanging by chains.
Large Stars on many homes and barns.
Firewood for $3.00 per bundle.
Granite curbs instead of poured concrete.
Big Houses and Barns.
Barns with many windows.
Steep hills, both up and down.
Lobster Rolls.
Pretty streams.
Rocks, many rocks.
High and Low tides.
Victorian Houses.
WDH has Redbugs.
Woodhauler's Log Truck.
Black Metal Roofing.
EAB killed Ash trees.
Pepsi instead of Coke.
Road reconstruction, and much more needed.
People talk funny.
Houses that are built and built on to until they finally reach the barn.  I suspect that this makes it easier to get to the barn when the snow is as high as the cows milk.   ;D
Town Boundaries that extend miles from the town.  ::)
Virginia has a State Police or Sheriff Deputy every three miles.   :o
Dunkin Donuts everywhere.
loggah's Relics.
Cheryl's Paintings.
Grillin' Chef Glenn.
Ladders on roofs.
Hwy 119 through Pennsylvania.  :o
Exit numbers are different from the mile markers.
If West Virginia was pressed flat, would it be larger than Texas?

Thank You to each Forestry Forum member and family that we had the pleasure to meet during our travels.  My apology to those that we unknowingly drove past.  The suggestions and recommendations were also valued and each added a bit of joy to our travels.

samandothers

'Great thread.'

Sums it up!

Magicman

I forgot to add that we drove a total of 5230 miles and visited 17 different states.   :)

snowstorm

The mail box on a chain is the best set up.when the plow hits it no damage and you don't have to go look for it. Granite curbs yup lots of them. A lot of granite here. The license plate on the excavator if you put a plate on it the town can't charge the business tax on it

coxy

Quote from: Magicman on July 26, 2017, 07:04:49 AM
I forgot to add that we drove a total of 5230 miles and visited 17 different states.   :)
thanks MM :)        you should be over the warranty on your truck by now  you should wash your truck real good after being in the north with all the salt to keep the metal maggots off it

Magicman

I understand the granite curbs and license plate but what is this "(snow)plow" thing of which you speak??   :D

SwampDonkey

I could have showed ya a view of Mnt Kadahdin from the farm.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!