iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a sad day in maine

Started by snowstorm, July 22, 2017, 07:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

I just learned this sad news.  I liked reading his posts and had hoped to meet woodhauler someday.  We lost a good one. My prayers go out to his family.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

mf40diesel

I also missed this news. So very sorry. I'm sure where he is now, he and the Western Star are hauling huge loads of perfect straight logs torquing up the hills!

John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

Magicman

Here is the door on Ron's Western Star.

And the load that he hauled to the sawmill on July 13th.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mf40diesel

A beautiful truck, and a real nice load. I'm sure she misses him too.
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

Magicman

How many truckers does anyone know that has the names of his Grandchildren painted on the hood of his truck?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

Not many if any, and I've seen a few. More wives and girlfriend names though
~Ron

barbender

Thanks for those pictures, MM👍
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Ron has been heavy on my mind.

Little did I know of the tragedy ahead when I took those pictures.  Ron was such a warm and gentle guy that so many members here never got to know or meet.  He not only had a concern for the logging industry, but he also had a heart for the feelings of others.  He was not hesitant to speak out when he felt that someone else was being unjustly treated.  He loved and was loved by his family.  We met his Wife, Son, a Daughter, and three of his Granddaughters.  A Granddaughter proudly brought us a jar of Maple Syrup, and also a wonderful jar of Strawberry Jam.

My visit with Woodhauler will forever be etched into my memory. 

sawguy21

Somehow I missed this thread. I am shocked and saddened, always enjoyed his adventures and misadventures. RIP Ron, you are sorely missed.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!