iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dumb deer hunter shoots bobcat

Started by Cedarman, November 22, 2006, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

Open day of deer season last Sat and this dumb "hunter" from Floyd Knobs, Indiana, bedroom community area for Louisville workers, shoots a bobcat in Crawford County about 40 miles west of where he lives.  This bobcat had a tracking collar on it.  It had been released in south central Indiana several years ago and traveled to near the Ill line, then east to about the Ohio line and then southwest where he took up residence about the first of the year.

The "hunter" called DNR and told them the bobcat had a collar on it.  He said he killed it just to prove to his friends that there were bobcats in the area. He didn't have a clue that this was illegal.  Although not too common, we have had these nice puddies around here forever.  They are mostly night critters so most people don't see them.

The DNR people took his gun and arrested him.  Probably gonna be very expensive for this "hunter".
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

farmerdoug

Sounds like that fellow that shot the elk last year in one of the New England states.   :DHe loaded it up and drove around town showing everyone the world record buck him just shot.  The only problem is that it was one of the elk the DNR had just released to bring back elk in the state.  How can anyone who can confuse an elk with an deer be allowed to hunt anyways? ???

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Sawyerfortyish

A couple years back we had two guys from pakistan come right out of new york city hunting. They couldn't even speak english. When they took there so called deer the the checking station the game warden had a field day. Not only did they have someones goats in the the trunk of the car they had shot them with an  AK47. In this state at that time you could only use shotguns with buckshot. I don't think thos guys will ever come back here.

Mr Mom

A few years ago a couple hunters shot a bear and said that it attacked them. The game warden looked at the bear and found that the bullets entered the rear of the bear. The story that i heard is that they shot the bear as it was running away.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

gary

I just heard about some freinds of a friend. who went deer hunting on the outskirts of cleveland ohio. They said that they had deer runing around them all day. by 2 oclock all 5 of them each had a deer. When they got to their vechiles the police were waiting for them. Arrested all 5 of them for hunting in city limits. Confiscated all the deer and there equipment.One of them was from Pennslyvainna, two were from Oregon and two were from Ohio. This just happened last week.

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D Here, the CO's set up cardboard sillhouettes of game along the highways and wait for the idiots.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

Several years ago, I read a newspaper article about two guys in a small Wisconsin town that called the local newspaper to come and take a picture of them and the geese they had shot.  The following day the newspaper had a picture of these two hunters (?) proudly holding up their "geese".  Later, the local DNR agent, after reading the newspaper, dropped by their homes and issued them a ticket for shooting swans. 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

PawNature

We don't have a lot of problems here in east KY. Every once in a while someone will shoot a cow.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

beenthere

Not really much of a problem anywhere, but the few oddballs out there get the attention, and the stories hang on forever getting retold and retold.
I'm figurin the woods during deer hunting season is safer than the highway gettin there and back. Just my opinion  ;D

I've often thought I'd favor a skills test and short course on hunting as a requirement for a license to hunt. Just so some of the knuckleheads possibly could be sorted out.  But it might limit a few sales of license's, and they wouldn't go for that.
In WI, they even have blind people and paraplegic's propped up to shoot at deer 'salted' in front of them. Guess the promoters think that the hunting is just the 'pulling' the trigger and wounding or killing an animal being important. I think hunting is much more than that.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norwiscutter

opening weekend in Wisconsin, 600,000+ hunters in the woods, with only three reported instances that were all self inflicted and non fatal. hopefully this keeps up over this weekend.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Phorester

A few years ago, at a local game checking station, a first-time turkey hunter excitedly checked in his first-ever kill.  It was a crow.

It was a 4 pounder, if anybody's wondering.

PineNut

Have a big problem with some "hunters" head lighting deer. The law enforcement has a neat trap for them. An animated deer out beside the road just waiting to be taken Of course the law is just waiting to pick them up. Gets a few of them but there are still plenty of these so-called "hunters" left.

Cedarman

We've got so many deer that poaching is not a high priority item for DNR.  They catch a few and make examples of them.  My non hunting friends are scared to go into the woods during hunting season.  It is a great time of year to hunt for caves with the leaves off.  I tell them to wear orange and hike to hearts content.  Could have shot a deer from the front porch this morning.  The hunting pressure is too light.  The deer are out in the daytime and are not that scared of people.  I'll be getting mine in a day or two.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

woodtick#2

Every year we go up to Vermont to hunt whitetails, the law states that a buck must have at least 3 pints on his head to kill.  Checking in a 6 pointer at the local store 2 guys came in with a spike horn all excited.  The owner of the store had no choice but to call the game warden.
-Nathan

WH_Conley

Pretty much the same thing happened here a few years ago. The "hunter" got pithed because the owner of the little store would not check in his spike. It was a goat.
Bill

Trax

It's not illegal to shoot bobcats here. You can shoot them day or night (in season) with no bag limit

Thank You Sponsors!