iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skidsteer weights

Started by farmfromkansas, June 29, 2018, 10:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmfromkansas

Built some pallets after looking at YellowHammer's posts, and find I can not handle many layers of lumber with my skidsteer.  Higher I want to set the pallet, less I can load on the pallet.  Anybody have weights on the rear of  a skidsteer?  Mine is a Case, 60xt.  Talked to some guys who sell seed, heavy pallets, they said my tractor would not handle any more weight than the skidsteer, when I was considering forks for my 4020.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

mike_belben

To unload mafia blocks we used to chain a 6" steel round stock about 5ft long to the rear chain pockets on my dads LS170.  Just use the bucket to wheelie the machine, roll the thing onto the two basket chains, clevis back to machine and off you go.  
Praise The Lord

farmfromkansas

Thanks Mike, have a piece of RR rail that I could use.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Dave Shepard

I used to run a Bobcat 843 with a 3'x5'x2.5" thick steel plate bolted underneath it. If you put the bucket on and tried to move forwards, it would just wheelie up. I don't think the tree spade has been off it in about 15 years.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Brian_Rhoad

We have a 300 lb. chunk of steel bolted behind each rear wheel on our Bobcat 943. It will lift a 500 bf 42" wide bundle of White Oak with no problem. 

mike_belben

I have wanted a bobcat/barko 980 since i found out they existed. Someday -when the very last spare part on the shelf has been sold- i will have one. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!