iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mS460/461

Started by Woodboogah, July 22, 2014, 12:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

How compatible are these parts?  I just crushed my 461 rear handle.  Would rather not buy a new one when i have a non running 460 at home.  Thanks for the info.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

JohnG28

I don't believe they are compatible.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

clww

I run both types each day at work. My "uneducated" (not a saw mechanic) answer is some parts interchange, and some don't. I'd get that 460 you have at home running. Around here, new 461s are over $950.
Somebody will chime in here soon with a bunch more to offer than I just did. :-\
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

joe_indi

Not to worry! The MS460 tank housing fits the MS461. The one part that you will need to change  is the switch shaft.The ones on the 460 and 461 and different.
Here is a list of NON-interchangeable parts, at first glance (Easier to list those):
Piston, cylinder, head & crank gasket, ignition module (unless you dont mind the speed limiter), Crankcase and its gasket, Starter cover (unless you dont mind not being able to fit the 4th screw (Upper right)), Switch shaft, Carb, but it is adaptable if you can change the choke shaft, Engine shroud, Filter cover.

Joe

Woodboogah

The plan was to rebuild the 460.  It still is  I guess when time allows.  I will need to buy a handle eventually if I strip it off the 460.  My 461 is about two months old, I wasnt thrilled when it broke.   It was better the handle that got ruined rather then me.  I guess its a good trade off.  Thanks for the info!!

clww

I told you somebody smart would show up! ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

cutter88

I built one saw out of a blew up 460 and a crushed 461 last winter most parts are interchangeable :)
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Woodboogah

This will be my next rainy day project.  My hopes are to get all my idle saws back running.  Time has not allowed, faster to buy a new one, hard to explain to the wife but keeps the checks coming.

Thank You Sponsors!