iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sharing pics!

Started by Stump Jumper, July 17, 2005, 04:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

Here are some pics of a building that we (the whole family) is sawing everything for.  I am also setting the beams with my Skidsteer and home made boom.  Not sure if you call it timber frame or post and beam but it has been a fun project.  The gentleman that we are working for is very pleased.

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

JoeyLowe

Hey Stump_Jumper:

Looks good to me.  I would sure like to see some close-ups of the boom you made for the skid steer.  How did you join the top plates?  Are you bracing any of the posts?  Just curious.  Looks like a winner to me.
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Stump Jumper

Here is a link to the pics of the boom.  The 20' boom will lift a 16' 8x8 green ash and that's all I want to lift it weighs about 340#s.   The boom is plenty strong enough to lift it but the skidsteer will tip over if I put much more weight on the end of the boom.  I have been safety testing it for awhile.  With no one close by.

The boom is 4" gas main sch 80 seamless.

www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=9465.msg128662#msg128662

Each side of the post will get a diagonal 4x6 brace.

The joints are top and bottom 1/2 lap and they are spiked together.
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Timburr

Whats the whole structure sitting on and are they permanent?

Tim
Sense is not common

Buzz-sawyer

Stump's
Your family reminds me of the way I raised , and home schooled my kids, working together, learning practical things....and having fun every day!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Stump Jumper

Tim-Burr

Structure is sitting on 5 gallon pails  :o:D :D :D :D

It is sitting on concrete piers. Yes they are permanent.
Jeff
May God Bless.

hawby

Looks neat S-J. Keep us posted on the finished product.
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Norm

Nice place you're working on SJ, sure like that boom pole on your skidsteer. :)

Stump Jumper

Here is an updated pic of the barn that we are working on. 

I made the boom pole for the skidsteer so that I can pic it up with the forks.  I can lift 350#s at 20' out.  I came to that figure by trial and  error!
Jeff
May God Bless.

Stump Jumper

Norm

There is a link in one of the earlier posts on this thread to more pics of the boom.
Jeff
May God Bless.

Paschale

Hey S-J...that barn looks slick!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!