iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Im making a few boards!

Started by lyle niemi, February 21, 2013, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

Im even getting the dang things piled..lol

drobertson

I'm sure you are glad to see the boards, also looks like you have your fair share of moving snow as well,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Good job under some tough conditions.

I'll just bet that the wheels are turning in your mind on how to make that task a whole lot easier and quicker.  ;D ;D
Maybe another shed, or some lumber carts.   ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jmouton

is that an old  d-2  dozer  painted red  in there

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

SPD748

Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

lyle niemi

Quote from: jmouton on February 21, 2013, 09:41:20 PM
is that an old  d-2  dozer  painted red  in there

jim
That is a TD18 running the mill, I might have to do an inframe on the old beast cause its burning a little oil. Its been sitting for over 20 years so Im gonna run it for a while and see if the rings will re seat them selves??? Im hopeing for the best. I priced out an inframe kit and it will run me about 3600 bucks. Does anybody know if I can get a cheaper kit anywhere???

lyle niemi

Quote from: SPD748 on February 21, 2013, 09:58:16 PM
Looking good Lyle!

-lee
Thanx Lee, I still have tons of work too getting things done up. just taking baby steps right now.lol I got the mill cutting pretty dang good! ya got to keep them teeth sharp!!!!

jimparamedic

Are you sure its a ring problem and not a valve guide seal problem

stefan

For some time now ive had this little idea that i been thinking about.
If you just leave the boards in i big pile and wait long enough, shouldnt they learn to get themselfs organized in a orderly fashion???  smiley_idea

Thats a nice looking mill you got there Lyle!

lyle niemi

Quote from: jimparamedic on February 22, 2013, 09:07:39 AM
Are you sure its a ring problem and not a valve guide seal problem
It could be, Im not really sure yet. I have a good friend comming up next month and he is a good mechanic, I will get him to have a look at things.

Finn1903

Quote from: lyle niemi on February 22, 2013, 07:30:42 AM
Its been sitting for over 20 years so Im gonna run it for a while and see if the rings will re seat them selves??? Im hopeing for the best.

Nice Prime mover.  My beat is the rings, not good to let diesels sit for a long time.  Run the engine, log some hours and keep it hot, may re seat. Keep an eye on the oil level. 
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

bandmiller2

Lyle, $3600.00  will buy alot of oil,besides the old girl is old enough to smoke.I'd try running it for a wile, mayby the old bon-ami treatment would help. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on February 22, 2013, 08:08:20 PM
Lyle, $3600.00  will buy alot of oil,besides the old girl is old enough to smoke.I'd try running it for a wile, mayby the old bon-ami treatment would help. Frank C.
Yep, it should keep the mosquitos away this spring lol, I heard about the bon ami trick but will keep that as a last resort. Thanks Frank

UN Hooker

Lyle
    Check this place out.  If they have what you need, their prices and parts are good.
   I buy a lot of parts from them and always had good luck.  http://www.agkits.com/index.aspx
        UN

Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!