iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Water in Diesel

Started by Corley5, December 03, 2013, 09:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumbertick

Call Gary at diesel fuel injection... 989-892-0557.. He is out of bay city... Guy knows everything about those.. Usually has a reman right on the shelf he will just swap you yours. We just bought a new one from AIS this winter for ours... Gary didn't have a reman and we couldn't wait 3 days to have ours rebuilt.. You are right they are a bugger to get on and off..

Corley5

Pump should be back to CQ tomorrow.  The shop, it may be the one you recommend LT, bench tested and replaced the bad actuator.  No charge.  They didn't replace it at the initial rebuild because they seldom go bad  :-\  It's still pretty costly for me.  Just glad I've had firewood orders to fill.  It's keeping me ahead actually.  Maybe we'll be running in a few days.
  I'm stilling waiting on the temperature sensor.  It took a dozen blue paper towels, a can of ether and a lot of scrubbing to clean the engine tag so I could see the serial number.  I also needed a mirror to read it because there's no room to look at it otherwise.  AIS had to have the # to get the part.  I found the tag by feeling the rivets and then the edges.  According to my book it was on the end of the engine behind the filter right under the head.  This one is on the side of the engine next to the filter  :)
  The actuator is the part pointing towards the head end of the pump with what appear to be brass fittings.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!