iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Texas sawyer

Started by Tex-saw, July 21, 2003, 09:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tex-saw

Hi to all been reading all the post for the last few weeks and have learned a few new things or to thought i'd beter jump a board and introduce my self glad to see all of yall have a sence of humor sometimes just sit'en back an laugh'en is the best fix for yer problem :D add a nother check to the orange hoard list I run a WMLT40HYDG25 got the seat and that ther accuset cut alot SYP and all kinds of hardwood my neighbor just come over to day with a set of plans for a 40'x72' timber frame barn gona start bringen over the post oak logs next week says he should need around 15-20K BF! looks like I got my work cut out for me! I need to lose some weight anyway 8)

chet

Welcome Tex-saw. Even if you do run one of then orange thingies.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WoodChucker

Tex-saw, welcome to the forum!

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Frank_Pender

It is great to have another new Forum member.   Welcome a board/  It is great to have such a nice large job during the early times of getting started.  8)

But, I am getting worrried that we have to many more from Texas that Mark will not be alone in trying to find trees to saw. ;D :D :D :D :-/
Frank Pender

Bibbyman

Welcome to the FF.  Looks like you're south of Joey Lowe.  Hope Texas is big enough for the two of you.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

shopteacher

Welcome aboard and just let me say I like those orange thingys.  Spent some tine at Ft. Bliss when I was in the army, can't remember seeing much in the way of trees though.  You guys aren't trying to cut that sage brush are you? :D  ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

LeeB

Can't never have too many Texans! Even if you do run orange. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

inspectorwoody

Welcome Tex-saw

Glad to have you apart of the FF.

I spent some time last February in Huntsville and loved it. Spent a day in Houston also.

AJ

Welcome to the forum - lots of good people and good advice here!

Andy

kentuckyboy

Welcome to the forum Tex-saw. You will learn a lot here. I sure have. Have fun.

Haytrader

Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Don't be bashful like some of the guys here.
Not to mention any names but somes initials are bizie, Bibbyman, Shopteacher, Mark, Tom, Chet, Frank, and the list goes on..............
 ;D
Haytrader

RMay

Welcome Tex-saw looks like your in pine country  8) have fun
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Texas Ranger

Howdy, Tex-Saw, and welcome.  I am about 47 miles east of ya in Livingston.  Pretty soon, we'll make this a southern board! ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

isawlogs

Welcome a board  mister Tex saw. Do you all have trees to pout on those there orange tingees down there in  texecan ??
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tex-saw

Thanks to all for the nice welcome yhea I'm right in the middle of pine country so I try to keep plenty a logs to saw on. my neighbor bought 200 acers beside me full of SYP and all kinds of hardwood oak,ash,elm,sweetgum ect. so I been pretty busy keepen up with him sheds,barns,corrals, another friend I know bought 70 acers and said he was going to clear it of and to come by and see if ther was anything any good to be worth sawing and I could have it,so I when by to day to look around and just like I thought ther wasnt much of any size few good osage orange and some elm,but as I was walking through the woods I come to an open pasture and ther in the middle was the bigest black walnut I'd ever seen.I though it was a pecan at first but it as I got closer I new it was a walnut,must a been 38" and 12' to the first limb I dont know if this is big to yall,but its the bigest Ive seen,problem is I dont know if he wants to cut it,I got to talk to him tomorow I dont think he even knows  its there

biziedizie

Tex-saw I'm a little late on posting, I just got a kick in the ash by Haytrader. :D

Welcome aboard. 8)

Steve

JoeyLowe

Welcome TexSaw:

Don't let anybody fool ya.  Ain't nuthing wrong with orange.  By the way, I'm north of you in Gilmer.
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Jacar

Welcome Tex-saw,

I'm just a little south of you in Tomball.  I'm still fairly new at this.  I oughta come see you run your mill sometime.

Jacar
Jack Watkins

Tex-saw

Jacar your welcome to come by anytime and see us saw just email me for info

smwwoody

Welcome Welcome nice to have ya here 8)
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Neil_B

You found the best spot on the internet TexSaw :) Welcome.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but everybody likes pictures so get em in here :D
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

Lickskillet

Welcome, Tex-Saw
Another proud Texan here. I'm down southwest of you in Fayetteville, Texas, in cedar and post oak country. I wish I had more pines around here. I pop in occasionally to get the advice from the experts (and some unemployed comedians) ;D

woodchip

Welcome,Tex-saw I like orange myself ,am located at Lake of the Pines.

Jacar

Hey Texsaw,

My email is jacar8@ev1.net if you want ot get in touch w/ me so I can come see your mill.  I might be able to come out sometime next month.

Jack Watkins
Jack Watkins

Jacar

I meant August. I am still in July.

Jack
Jack Watkins

Thank You Sponsors!