iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee

Started by Tom, June 21, 2004, 03:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murf

Da meesus an a Doctor said I had to cut down on my coffee after I had some health problems last few years........   :'(

Now I'm down to just two coffees a day ........  ::)

One first thing ina mornin, which I keep toppin up till noon.......

Then one after lunch, which I keep toppin up till almost dinner.......  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

BigTrev

:)coffee = lifeblood of the modern world :)

Over here a 2lb bag of prime beans runs about $10usd, have been trying Kenyan beans latley, rich and almost spiced tasting, I highly recomend trying it out.

Anyone out there tried to make Turkish coffee ? with the little boiler etc ?
If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

Paschale

Quote from: CHARLIE on November 15, 2005, 11:43:20 PM
I was about 14 or 15 and Tom was 2 years older.

So give us an update Charlie...now that you all are both older than 14 or 15, how much older is Tom than you now?   ;)   ;D

I hate coffee, and it bums me out, since so many people seem to derive so much pleasure from it.  I feel robbed!  Same goes for olives...no thank you!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

isawlogs

My parents are both tea drinkers ... my brother has been a coffee adict for years , I on the other hand would have a cup once in a while ... until I had a cup of real coffee a couple of years ago . Now , I have a couple of cups in the morning , black and hot and strong .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

I have a couple of pots of a mornin', too. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jason_WI

The coffee cartel won't be getting rich from me that's for sure. Hate the stuff.....bitter........yuck........ :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

isawlogs

Thats what I thought of coffee until a friend made me a real cup one morning ... Sure am glad she had the knowledge of what real coffee was to taste like .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sawguy21

8)One of life's great pleasures
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

I like my coffee with a lot of black in it! 8)

Most people think Expresso coffee has more caffine than American drip or percolated coffee, but it ain't so.  I read that the water is forced through the finally ground coffee very fast when making Expresso and it doesn't pick up as much caffine.  When making American coffee, the water slowly passes through the coffee, which gives it more time to soak out the caffine.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

crtreedude

Soaks up the bitterness too.

My wife would not touch coffee until we got the expresso machine - now she has one every morning. Or perhaps I should say it is a chocolate with milk and cream and one shot of expresso...

Too sweet for me -

Coffee = Liquid Ambition, roll out of bed not wanting to do much, have a couple of cups and the whole world seems to be just waiting for me to do something.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Lud

Jeff,  thanks for the tip on the History channel show.  I caught the end of it .
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

ely

i have a buddy with some sort of old coffee grinder, grinds by hand it does. makes the beans into talcum powder consistincey. when he makes the coffee you just stir it up and drink it all no grounds to speak of. really good cup of coffee. black only for me.

Chris J

Two large cups every morning, real strong, but I cheat with sugar & milk  ;).  Fresh ground on weekends & holidays, on weekdays Folgers Gourmet Blend?Roast? preferred, but 100% Columbian works.

Found out last week that Kroger Dark Roast is no where close to Folgers Gourmet Blend?Roast?.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

jaytee

Nothing like a good cup of coffee shared with good friends.

Chris J

Quote from: jaytee on November 22, 2005, 10:59:43 PM
Nothing like a good cup of coffee shared with good friends.

Yep, as long as they remember to wipe the cup after they've had their sip  :o.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Thank You Sponsors!