iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered Cs2255 Looses aolot of power at full throtle

Started by Logger615, June 21, 2015, 10:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logger615

While cutting yesterday noticed I started loosing full throttle as I was cutting. Fully warmed up if I try to give it full throttle it bogs down and dies. I can only get to half throttle before it starts loosing power in a big way.  Any ideas?

dougand3

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Some ideas...Fuel tank vent partially clogged - does it run better with cap loose? Fuel filter/pickup partially clogged? Fuel line hard or too soft and collapsing? Carb screen partially clogged? Carb diaphragms getting stiff? H screw too lean?
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

ladylake

A lot of good points above, plus check the muffler screen, clogged they will have no power.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Logger615

Thanks guys, I was figuring some sort of fuel issue. Small engines have never been my strong suit didn't really know where to start, got a few things to check and rule out now!!
Jason

lumberjack48

Open the low jet about 1/8 th of a turn [ turn it counter clock wise]
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Spike60

Is this new and did you buy it at tractor supply? Was it set up and adjusted for you? They won't run right out of the box.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Thank You Sponsors!