iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shed start

Started by hopm, February 10, 2019, 10:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopm

I bought a carport shed to go over my mill.....full up.....built another shed.....full up....started this on Saturday. Got poles in the ground and set 1st truss. Proud to have it up but I'm even happier for what I learned doing it.

123maxbars

Good start! PT Post?
A problem I have also, I need another pole barn for all my tractors, 

keep us posted, when your done you can come help on mine  ;D
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

xlogger

I plan on replacing a shed like you are using also (30x60). My other one collapsed during a snow storm we had here before Christmas. Plans calls 12 ft spacing on post. Is that what you are doing? I cut my 2x6's and sticker them a couple weeks ago but will put them up not dried. I'm also going to cut board and batten for side but will put boards up straight off saw as I cut. I worry about the new pt post not holding up as good as they use to, but at my age they should out last me.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

hopm

Mine are 10' on center.

Crusarius

Hopm, where are you located? what does one of those trusses cost?

hopm

I was fortunate to buy a full kit that someone special ordered and stiffed them on......so based on my purchase I'm not sure.....but I do remember faintly seeing on the Moseley Metals site $11 per foot and they build up to 90' open span. 

We call western NC home.

Dad2FourWI

Looking good!!

You can never have too much barn/shed space!!!

Keep us updated with pics of your progress...
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

rjwoelk

In Saskatchewan we run 8ft spacing on pole barns. 6x6  poles . rafters are a truss 4 ft oc. Strap and tin. They use to be 4ft in the ground. Now with global warming they want them 6 ft in the ground with a 16x16 pad of concrete at the bottom. Something dont make sense.  Yup told the frost was going deeper. Wow.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

xlogger

Quote from: Crusarius on February 11, 2019, 08:15:48 AM
Hopm, where are you located? what does one of those trusses cost?
here in NC around $340 for 30 ft
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!