iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

needed 3 point linkage/PTO info, CAT1

Started by amberwood, July 15, 2007, 05:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberwood

Evening all. having just added the skid steer now i need to make more use of it. I have access to cat1 tractor implements so am making up a plate to replicate the linkages and PTO on the front of the Mustang. Can anyone assist with some dimensions of the PTO output relevant to the linkages?

thanks

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

farmerdoug

I asume you are looking for the location of the PTO shaft, correct?

It seems to vary by tractor, but most I have seen have it centered with the upper point and slightly above the line between the two lower points.

Are you going to have fixed mounting points or arms like the tractor?  If fixed points then line the PTO up for a straight line to the equipment for  less wear and tear on the universals.

Let me know if you need more info.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

stonebroke

Someplace on the internet I remember someone was selling a three point hitch with hyd. pto for a universal skid steer mount. I wish I could remember where. It doesn't pay to get old.

Stonebroke

amberwood

thanks guys, yes this is avail off the shelf but not in AUS...
skidsteersolutions.com
..and at great expense to the management. I only have the standard third hyd circuit that drives the 4:1 etc so am not sure if there would be enough fluid flow to effectively drive a hyd motor/PTO. The research continues. Trying to find a reasonable priced hyd motor, or just use a aux diesel (that I have)to drive the PTO when needed.

thanks again

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

beenthere

What type of 3pt attachments are you thinking of, for the front of your skidsteer, that use the PTO?
Rotary cutter, rototiller, posthole auger, ??

Are you planning on pushing them, or pulling them with the skidsteer in reverse?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

amberwood

post hole is the first use..then prob a slasher. After that dont really know. I was planning on forward motion.

Priced up the hyd motor. ouch. Looks like it will be a aux diesel chain driven.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Thank You Sponsors!