iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Momma got her a train in da backyard.

Started by Mooseherder, August 19, 2008, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Yep, and it was full of wood.  :D
Same tracks that were there when we was youngins.
I told momma, " I wish I had brought my camera in with me. " She said go get it, it'll keep on a runnin a few more minutes.  Pert near a half a minute later I decide to go out to the rental car and get it and start taping.  There was alot of Irving wood on dat train.
I musta missed about 30 car loads.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwB69hJuTb4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen"

Tom

Mooseherder

breederman

It was going EAST,  everybody knows east is to the right ;D
Together we got this !

bull

nope, its going to my right,which would be north west from here thru my computer

metalspinner

It's heading south out of my computer. ??? ???
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Tom

Must not have been going far.  That doesn't look like SYP on those cars.  :D

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Tom on August 20, 2008, 09:16:59 AM
Must not have been going far.  That doesn't look like SYP on those cars.  :D

Least we know it didn't come from the South...

Tom

Had to have come from south of somewhere.   :D

Sprucegum

I studied all these wise comments and the train was STILL goin' by. They came from south of here.........

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

That was neat!   8)  I turned the sound on because I love to listen to trains rolling and groaning on the tracks. 

Say when

Mooseherder

There have been alot of correct comments made and fyi.... "Thee"
train was headed east --southeast.  Oh Canada, was only a few Football fields away. ;D

SwampDonkey

If it was Irving wood, it would be heading to Saint John. I told you guys awhile ago on another thread they still move wood by rail here. You can go to the Salmon River bridge and watch wood going by at least twice a day. Irving has a line down along the southern end of the province into Maine, probably from Moncton where that train of wood would end it's journey. But it could also be going to St Leonard or Deersdale where the mills are beside the same rail line. Everybody else over here on the west end of the province lost their rail service, not those Irvings though. Irving is the largest woodlands owner in both Maine and NB., owning 1.5 million acres in Maine.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

I don't see trains of wood here , but , I do see about four cars of logs go by every week . Train goes by twice a day ... once going west and then in the evening comes back . This train is from Vermont it comes on this side only to go around the mountains for about 10 miles or so then goes back into Vermont .
  Logs go west , lumber comes back this way .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

You guys have got me thinking.I can not remember the last time I saw wood on rail.I live only 20 minutes from a paper mill.I see the train,but cannot remember seeing wood on them.I've never seen logs or tree lenght on a train.Only 4 foot wood and 8 foot wood.I will have to pay more attention from now on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

maple flats

At Utica, NY (USA) there is a rail yard where I have often seen logs stacked at least 15-25 ft high and the pile goes on for several hundred feet. They must load it and haul from there. Sometimes I pass by and there is a huge pile and the next time there is little or none. I do not know where they haul it to. I would think some of the larger stacks i have seen in the past would fill a very long train, guessing over 200 cars worth.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!