iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I HAVE A SUGGESTION

Started by dundee, August 20, 2008, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundee

Seeing that winter is on it's way up your way in North America, and thinking to myself (as opposed to talking to myself)

How about a Pig Roast KIWI style downunder for a change ? ;D  it can be held at my Fishing Lodge at TURANGI, sleeps 12 and have a friendly Motel mate just down the road from the Lodge
Have not spoken to Ianab / Peterson folk or any others from New Zealand or Australia--YET

Just a thought, or should I continue talking to myself--again!

Richard

Ron Wenrich

That sounds pretty good.  I just checked for air fare, and round trip is under $4k and the flight duration is just about 26 hrs. 

I think if you can get a bunch of guys together, then go for it.   8)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

dundee

Ron--At least you checked the air fare, that's a start  8)

Jeff

I never checked the airfare, cause the truck needs gas and there wouldn't be anything left after that anyhow. :-\

I could go up to the fair and take a picture of myself with one of the two kangaroo's up there and email it if ya'll get together. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Interested... Once the weather warms up a bit ;)

At least it's only a tank of gas and a nice scenic trip through the Forgotten Highway for us. It's not Quite $4,000 to fill up the Toyota.. yet   :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

oakiemac

I'd love to come. How's the fishing?

If I start saving now maybe I'll make the 2018 event. :(
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Jeff

I wonder how much a one way ticket is? ;D

Ron Wenrich

Saginaw to Napier is a little less than $2200, one way.  The baggage fees will kill you. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

dundee

Acceptances to date: Ianab  :(

Ironwood

Flew to Vietnam last fall, not too much longer a flight! I wonder if we can get SPONSORS to pay our way? !

This is actually a thought, would there be any chance of having one in rotating areas of the country? Kind of a movable feast. I would love to attend, but with kids and all it is quite a commitment to get to Mi. What'ya think boss? (big B, reserved for the Misses "Boss")

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

dundee

Oakie, you are asking how's the fishing, if I told you, you or no-one would believe a fisherman, so check this out

www.sportinglife-turangi.co.nz

and yep, the steel heads are on a fresh run spawning

amberwood

Dundee...sounds good I can prob scoot over for the weekend, just not this week.

(currently typing from the PC of Logrite)

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

beenthere

I think da Pig Roast is the Boss's party..... :) :)    

...can ya come up with some other ideas?  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

A sheep roast would probbly be a fair go down there.  Can't see why a Southern Hemisphere piggy roast would bother him though, long as he's invited. ::)  Let's face it, it is a PARTY anytime two or more Forumites get together.  Sometimes it's a party when one of us just gets together with himself. ;D 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

dundee

beenthere, absolutely agree, but pigs are different here --taste wise  ;

DanG, you want sheep roast, not a problem, we have some 60 million of the critters, as opposed to 4.1mill human critter population, all you see is wall to wall sheep

Jeff

This is not to rain on a parade, but this needs to be said. Know upfront I'm very particular what is done or how it is done if something is being proclaimed as a Forestry Forum event. The first pigroast we had, we had people leery about coming because in their mind a pigroast was an excuse to have a big drinking party. I assured them that anything to do with the Forestry Forum would NOT be anything other then something that the family could come to, be proud to come to, and something no one would ever be afraid to bring kids or parents or grand parents to. Those folks know I kept that promise and that promise continues. So, with that being said, its pretty hard for me to make sure that any type of get together being called a Forestry Forum event meets those standards if I'm not doing it or there to supervise it, but that doesn't mean it cant be done and am sure it can be. I just want anyone to know that going in, as anything less would never be forgiven as its the reputation of the Forestry Forum that is at stake.

Dundee, this is in no way posted to try and dissuade you. Forum members get together everyday all over, but not as an official Forestry Forum type meeting. I'm stating this as a precedence for the times it will come up in the future. I know if you and Ianab is willing, You will make sure it is what it needs to be, and then it would have my blessing.

dundee

Jeff, the principles of the FF will always be at the forefront, I posted this to get a response, you know as well as our members that they are most welcome here if they ever attempted to come on downunder, pig / sheep roast will always be on the menu

LIL

Dundee is that piggy going to be wild?  Seeing as Ianab needs a navigator, I'll put my hand up and come along for the ride.
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Ianab

Family Friendly - Check.

Dont worry, I will keep Lil under control  ;) ;D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

oakiemac

Dundee-fishing looks great. I love steelies. We can catch them on lake Michigan in the spring. My favorit fishing is for walleye and Pike.

I have always wanted to visit the land down under so maybe I'll start saving my coins right now.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Ianab

Just to clarify Jeffs post.

He didn't try and squash a Sth Hemisphere piggy roast.  Just if it's going to be an Official FF one, it has to live up to the expected standard.

If there is any doubt I will volunteer to bring my Mother, with a large stick, just to keep any miscreants in order  ;D

Cooking meat over a fire and beer just go together, especially here in NZ, but there is a certain standard that needs to be maintained.

Seriously I hope we can get this together, hopefully with some of the Peterson folks, and if any overseas members are looking to visit NZ it would be great to work it in with their visit.

Ian

thecfarm

miscreants-----hoodlums?  I better stay in the states. I'm not getting wacked with no stick.     
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dundee

Thank You Sponsors!