iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a nice free walnut tree today, harvested on video.

Started by 123maxbars, February 20, 2017, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I made a short video today on harvesting a free walnut tree.  I have a realtor friend of mine that always gets me nice trees throughout  the year. He come across clients who are selling land/homes that either have trees fall of need removed and gives me first bid on them. This one was a bonus. He originally called me about a walnut that had fail on this property but when i went to see it I found another one in poor condition. So the owner gave me both.  This one was 24in DBH and has some nice color. Was growing right beside of a creek bed. The only down fall was some old barb wire sticking out from the base which resulted in me cutting it a bit higher that I wanted to, but I still got 5 saw logs out of it. Three of them should have some nice crotch figure also. Anyways I made a video today showing the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24eZ6EjiZ2Y
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Planman1954

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

123maxbars

Quote from: Planman1954 on February 20, 2017, 09:50:34 PM
The video was done exceptionally well! Good job.

Thanks, I appreciate that feedback. I do not do them for the $. I make a few bucks from tube but wouldn't even total up enough to make my cell phone bill every month, I just enjoy the whole process of filming what we do and making the best production possible from it.
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Jjoness4

Quote from: 123maxbars on February 20, 2017, 10:08:54 PM

Thanks, I appreciate that feedback. I do not do them for the $. I make a few bucks from tube but wouldn't even total up enough to make my cell phone bill every month, I just enjoy the whole process of filming what we do and making the best production possible from it.

X2
2017 LT40HDD35 , Kubota 4701, Ford 3000, Stihl Farmboss

Savannahdan

I'll echo on the video and enjoying it.  You must have several cameras to catch the action from different angles.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

SineWave

Nice video, thanks for posting.

I'm anxious to see what kind of slabs/lumber you get out of those!

RazrRebel

Great video, I live in southwest Va., Kingsports where we do our Christmas shopping. Pretty country out there. I live in Hurley, all my land is straight up, and down. :o :o

scully

I enjoy seeing "Other" skills guys have here . Very well done video  .
I bleed orange  .

Thank You Sponsors!