iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cleaning off mildew?

Started by Qweaver, February 15, 2006, 01:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I have some nice 4/4 x8" that I'd like to use as board and batten siding that will be visable on the front of a shed.  It has some mildew stain(cut and left unstacked for several days before I had my drying shed built.) Will pressure washing and bleaching remove the mildew stain?
TIA
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

beenthere

Just the bleach solution will do it. Nothing gained using the pressure washer, that I can imagine.
10% bleach and after a short period of time, just hose it off.  Nothing there will need blasting.
The more uniform you can apply the bleach, the less likely you will get blotching. A garden sprayer might work good to apply it uniformily.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Qweaver

Thanks Beenthere,
A stiff brush got most of it off and I went ahead and nailed it up.  I'll try the bleach to get the last of it.
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

IL Bull

I would run it through a planer.
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Don P

I'd set the nails before you run that wall through the planer  ;D.
If you use bleach rinse well after to remove any residue, its a wood pulper.

Qweaver

:D :D :D Good one DonP, I was thinking exactly the same thing about setting the nails.  :D :D :D
Quinton

Thank You Sponsors!