iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do I source replacement blades for a Valley Machine Works Junior Edger?

Started by sallyb, June 26, 2017, 04:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sallyb

I borrowed a Valley Machine Works junior Edger, I found there were a few posts where these were being auctioned.   I need to buy replacement blades, I have a photo of the plates with the serial number on it.  I could not find a model number.  I have the blades that were on it and the box they came in, they are Systi Matic and apparently no longer in business.

Can someone walk me through how I best source the correct blades, in rural BC Canada so I need to get correct ones shipped.

47sawdust

Strange as it might seem,try Wood-Mizer,they bought the design from Valley Machine back in the late 90's.Depending on the condition of your existing blades a good saw shop can re-tip the blades.I had mine done by a shop in Lewiston,Maine,not exactly close,I know.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

sallyb

Thanks Mick, I was wondering if the tips could be reworked, I will give WM a call for sure!!!!  We have a dealership in Salmon Arm BC, so that is great to know!!!  I appreciate the post!

4x4American

You can send them to a saw filing place like dino saw around here that sharpens blades and they'll retip and put new strobes on if it has them and they will measure them and sell you new ones.  Menominee saw might do that as well and they are a forum sponsor. 
Boy, back in my day..

sallyb

Well I am so glad I found this forum, great advice!  Thanks so much!

Thank You Sponsors!