iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hard starting Husky 570

Started by fstedy, December 06, 2012, 12:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

Any ideas on what to do to make my Husky 570 start easier? Have had this saw for about 5 years and just use it for triming
logs. It hasn't been used much. It just always takes 4 or 5 pulls to start it. Have changed the plug thats about it.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

ladylake

Try opening the low adjuster about 1/4 turn, you might have too speed the idle up after that.  If no help you can put it back .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

lumberjack48

Quote from: ladylake on December 06, 2012, 06:38:25 AM
Try opening the low adjuster about 1/4 turn, you might have too speed the idle up after that.  If no help you can put it back .  Steve
This should do it, should start in 3 pulls, pull choke, pull 1-0, pull 2, fire, push choke in, pull 3, run.

I've had a couple saws that were hard starters no matter what i tried. Some i could pour a little gas in the muffler, one pull. Other wise took the air cleaner off an give it a shot of gas, a lot easier on the rewind and me. I've seen guys pull on a saw until they broke the rewind or the rope, foolishness.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Cut4fun

What those 2 above said was what I was thinking when I read OP post.  8)

Al_Smith

Well 4 or 5 on a cold start isn't bad .Warm start you evidently aren't getting fuel .

fstedy

Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Thank You Sponsors!