iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ball Football thermowood.

Started by serg, February 03, 2016, 10:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serg

Hello, friends!
My friend works as a carpenter. The work makes thermowood. The house is a small laboratory.
Best video than a computer translator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B20QcchUCSg&list=PLWk0zEYRw-9aUmPG_XDMD5AkthCoyMsxw

Your opinion of the master?
Thank you.
Best regards, Sergey

Ljohnsaw

That is pretty neat!  I would be tempted to fill it with sand or even lead shot prior to gluing the last panel in place.  That wold really keep people guessing!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

beenthere

Serg
That is very clever.. thanks for sharing the video. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Nomad

Precision joinery.  Very impressive!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

samandothers

Wow.  The sound of wood working equipment is universal!

Den Socling

Hi Serge,

One of our customer with custom 30,000 bf kilns asked for optional equipment that would run Paratherm. They now dry their wood in our vac kiln then thermally modify it in the same kiln. This was a very expensive setup and we don't list it at our website.

Den

Napoleon1

serg

Friends, Hello!
Master Vladimir says hello to you, thank you for your evaluation!
Den. You do thermowood! You can discuss the way of reduction of price.
Expensive constructive or energy?
Sergey

serg

Hello friends!

I did the translation.

The practice attests the thermally treated wood to be our future. Before thermal treatment the wood has to be perfectly dried till  6% of residual moisture content.

Den, your vacuum kiln can do this job, especially for oak, hornbeam, acacia and some exotic species.  That's why I joined two processes in one unit: vacuum kiln + thermal treatment. Analog kilns make only thermal treatment, drying is proceeded in other kiln (only for drying).

Den, as I've understood of your post, you also make two processes in one unit: vacuum kiln + thermal treatment?

There is a real way to make this unit cheaper.

The hall to be made of stainless steel. Equipment: high temperature heat transfer fluid instead of water, sensors, high temperature circulation pump, 15 kW electric heater, control panel with software, high temperature silicon gasket for kiln cover. It's enough for up to 4 m3 (ca. 900 bf) kiln. Power consumption will be about 150 kWh per 1 m3 (ca. 220 bf). In case we use electric heaters with total power 36 kW , the kiln capacity could be increased up to 25 m3 (ca. 5500 bf) but metal consumption for kiln also increases proportionally. But power consumption decreases to about 120 kWh per 1 m3 (ca. 220 bf).  The wood color depends on temperature and duration of treatment.

Such "thermovacuum" kilns are successfully  used for logs (not so big diameters) and timbers (up to 200x300 mm) drying and subsequent thermal treatment as well.
Sergey

Thank You Sponsors!