iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Edger

Started by Steve_M, August 12, 2004, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_M

I need to replace a blade for the first time on my edger and I am having loosining the collers that hold the blades in place.  I think Bibbyman and Arky have the same edger---any advice on removing these collers???  When you look down at the blades from the infeed side do the collers on the right side of the blades turn towards you and the collers on the left side of the blade turn away from you(towards the outfeed)??  I can't move them with the wrenches supplied and before I got carried away I thought I would ask the experts.

thanks

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Bibbyman

I can't remember.  Mine was the older Valley model anyway.  May be best off to give WM teck support a call.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

You put the wrenches on the spanner nuts and let the inside one rest on the bottom roller on the infeed side.  Put the other on so that you can tap it with a chunck of 2x4 so that you are tapping toward the roller.   They have right hand threads so that the blade tightens it.    A little Rust Reaper helps break the sap.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!