iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ouch!

Started by etat, May 18, 2004, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

QuoteHope your cut heals up well and fast. I hate using table saws and try only using them with pusher sticks unless I am running a 4x8 over it.  I hate using tile saws without push sticks for this very reason. Too easy to chop something up with flesh on it.

Rebocardo
What is this referring to? and who cut themselves?  Sounds serious, but don't know who.   ???  ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

Dunno how many times I've hurt myself from brain cramps. Lost count. I winged myself in a table saw once. I was working in a camper plant and we had taken the blade guard off  because the small pieces would jam between it and the blade. Guess what, the piece hit a knot, kicked back and my finger met the blade. Off on compo when my replacement lost most of three fingers.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

I knew an old chap that done it 3 times in the last few years of his retirement. All the injuries was clean through to the other side of each finger. He was elderly and I know he operated his tools unsafely, even though he insisted he was safe. But, when your alone you do things without thinking. One of the main problems I think he had was with space to operate his power tools safely.

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!