iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If you love your dog, check for bumps!

Started by jjmk98k, October 11, 2006, 08:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

Hello all, just a note for you dog lovers. In early september I was petting my beloved Crystal ( shetland sheepdog) when I felt a lupm near one of her nipples..... a few weeks late it had grown, but appeared to cause her no pain, i sheduled an appt and the vet check it out... here it was a tumor...

two days and $875 later she had the tumor removed which was intially benign then turned malignant...... the vet said thanks to my attention i caught it early enough before the cancer really had a chance to take hold. The tumor is all gone with no follow on visits needed...

I know some guys would say for $875 they would have just had her put to sleep... let me tell you, I would allow myself into financial ruin to save this dog....

so if you have a older dog, be sure to give him or her a look over.....

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Corley5

We lost an 8 year old cocker spaniel to the very same thing last spring :( :'(  Let me add that all middle age female dogs should be spayed.  This almost never occurs when they've been fixed.  From what our vet told us it's got something to do with the high estrogen level
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jjmk98k

yep, I had her spayed when i got her.. she was already 8 when I got her...... and I was warned that since she was used for breeding, that the chances of this coming along were high, i just had hoped the were wrong.
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

ohsoloco

When I first read the title of this thread I thought you'd be talking about ticks.  Maya and I were in the woods a few Sunday's ago, and I found 5 ticks crawling on me  >:(  Didn't see any on her, but two days later I found a couple that got attached.  A lyme disease vaccination is only $16 at the vets...she gets one every year  ;)

Glad your dog is doing alright, ya gotta love 'em  :) 

CHARLIE

Our 11½ year old female choclate lab has a lot of fatty tumors. The vet says they aren't dangerous but if one seems to be aggravating her or in the way of her walking, then we should have it removed. Otherwise, he said, she probably doesn't even know she has them.  Wife's pecking order: Children, grandchildren, dog, me. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Quartlow

Its amazing what we will spend on our loved pets. Cousins wife just dropped over $6,000 on one of the ponies  :o
But I would have spent the same amount on one of my dogs in a heart beat
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

LOGDOG

No bumps here.  :) This is one of my girls.

LOGDOG

Paul_H

Our dog is 12 years old and has those fatty tumours same as Charlie's dog.The vet took a sample with a needle and said he's be okay.

we near lost him a couple of weekends ago when he got into some garbage and ate a whole plastic grocery bag.I'd never seen a dog that sick,he wouldn't move all day then I'd pack him in the house for the night and he managed 8 oz of milk.
Took him to the vet the following Tuesday but he had started to perk up some but his White blood cell count was really high.

He's back to normal now.

jjmk98k

I'd pay it too :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

jjmk98k

Paul H, glad to hear your pooch is recovering..... Id sell off my prized WWII german rifle collection, some very rare rifles... to have money for Crystal if need be.... shes my little girl.

Jim

Corley5

We've spent and would spend a bunch on our friends too.  Sydney's bill came to close to 300 bucks before it was recommended that she be put down :( :'(  She and I never really got along.  She was Dee's dog and followed her where ever she went and would have defended her and Zach til the bitter end.  When it came to me well she snipped at me more than once when I made her get out of my spot on the bed.   She was Dee's parent's dog but wasn't a good city dog and went to jail a couple times ;)  She had three good years on the farm 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!