iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's been a long time

Started by scogar, April 07, 2020, 10:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scogar

So a buddy of mine may have caused the coronavirus. Ya see it has been quite a while since I milled any lumber because the wife "believes" I have to much already. Since I live in a subdivision in metro Atlanta I don't really have any place for it. But this buddy comes up to the house with 8 beautiful hickory logs that had just been cut and asks if we can mill them. I tell the wife that they will be processed over the next few weeks.

See I can't start that day since I threw my back out, but soon. And then all hell breaks loose with CV. So now I get stuck chainsaw milling it all. The good sides of the equation we have some nice wood AND not working freed up enough time that I could knock a log or two out each day. Here's some pics of things after stacking and stickering...all ends are now painted:

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, scogar!

Nice looking lumber!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Hilltop366

thecfarm

Good to see you posting and sawing. Life at the FF, the way it should be!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Hickory and chainsaw milling in the same paragraph?  Now I will have nightmares :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sixacresand

Nice lumber, scogar.  Looks like some hard work with a chainsaw mill. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

sealark37

Your neighbors must be deaf.

Thank You Sponsors!