iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Travel trailer rebuild - Udated: Much of the interior is done

Started by Kingcha, July 30, 2016, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

Well I have all the boards on, the final roofing & flashing done.   I started on the door today and hope to get the door jamb and hopefully the door installed tomorrow.    Staining the trim boards weather depending should come this week in between other small projects

The siding boards will be stained red which I hope to start in a few weeks.

The wood for the battens and trim work is air drying some before I get it into the solar kiln.

If all goes well I will get all the battens and any other trim up early October.

Matt

a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Czech_Made

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Hey, that does look like a caboose.   smiley_thumbsup

I hope that you can change those trailer tires.   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kingcha

I am happy I went with the caboose look, it really gives it an added charm.

I thought about the tires Magicman as I was building it and decided that I would deal with that if it is a problem.     That said the framing will easily allow my to cut the wheel well siding.
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Magicman

Hey, when they were building cabooses they were also building cars with fender skirts.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kingcha

The siding including the battens stained and installed.

I have two trim pieces to do on the back end(door side) i Also need to do the battens on the door but will wait until I get the door cut to length and a proper threshold built.

The door latch is installed.  The door can be locked from the inside to keep out the boogie man    :o

I don't plan to do a lot more this year.    Maybe get the front sleeping bunks built and the only interior wall in.    This winter I will work on plans for built ins and lighting/electrical.    This is on the back of my property and I normally do not keep it plowed in the winter.

Matt

Joe Hillmann

What are the dimensions of it and what would you guess it weighs?

Kbeitz

Quote from: Magicman on August 25, 2016, 08:24:49 PM
Hey, when they were building cabooses they were also building cars with fender skirts.   ;D

And lawnmowers...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kingcha

Joe 22 x 8

This winter I will take my build list and add it up to get a close guess on the weight.

I don't plan on taking it down the road

Matt

Kingcha

OffGrid973

I see enough room on the front porch for a nice $300 outhouse :)
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Kingcha

Well I'm almost done for the season but I got all the electrical done and most of the insulation done.   Saturday I should have the insulation done and be ready for the plywood on the Ceiling.   If I do the Ceiling it should be the last thing I do on the caboose before the snow flies.

Farther along then I thought I'd be   8)

Matt

TimGA

Great job, love it. Your ready for snow, we just want it below 80 for a while. Again nice build.

Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

tareece

Quote from: Ianab on July 31, 2016, 01:18:03 AM
Often used as a way to get around building regulations.

It's not "built" it's "parked" so you don't need a permit.  :D

You don't to have it road legal or take it on the road, it just has to be on wheels.

Could be a guest cabin / office / man cave / teenagers sleep-out etc.
I have some land in coastal NC and the building insp. and the county have a 180 day limit that a camper or wheeled domicile can be stationary..
Dont even get me started with freekin building codes and regs..
Trying to build a cabin and furnish 50-100% of the wooded building materials myself.. but so many regs are simply making it where an average joe cant make their dreams come true without licenses and permits and FEMA permission.. yep.. i have to send my "development plan" to FEMA.
Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

thecfarm

Jeff's dream of a cabin got dashed by rules and regulations. :(

Jeff's Dream cabin
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kingcha

Thinking Jeff needs to build 2 - 12x16 cabins as long as the county does not regulate anything under 200 sq ft.    That is the number for our county is.

Matt

Kbeitz

I got around all building codes by building my cabin on a camper frame.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kingcha

It is getting  there.   Just finished the Laminate flooring.    I just am still waiting for some wood to dry a little more to finish the front near the door and the trim work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPlNUfjBpW0&feature=youtu.be

I have to figure out how to build my ladder to the loft.   The loft is also going to have a safety railing.    Where the built-in bench's are I will be building some sort of table and my wife will be making cushions for the bench as well.

I really did not plan to get this far this year so that is the good news.   

Matt

Thank You Sponsors!