iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watermelon eater

Started by Haytrader, July 19, 2005, 08:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

I have a friend that just loves watermelon.
She won't leave till it all gone.

Beats tossing it out in the garbage and attracting ants.
Besides, she is so sweet she deserves a treat.
:)
Haytrader

woodmills1

we have horses next to us now and it is amazing what they wil chow down on, but the pig, he eats anything. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

My buddy Dalton has two mules and some cows that eat up all of our scraps and they get a whole one now and again too.   I'll have to get a picture like the one you posted.  

They're like kids in a candy store, aren't they?  :D

Haytrader

Tom,

You got it right about them being like kids. Sometimes I step out on the edge of the patio to take a whiz at night and she gives me a nicker, just to let me know I got caught.
;D
Lately it has been real hot and she backs up to the fence when you get out the water hose. She will even turn the other side to get it wet too.

This evening my wife and I were airing up an inflatable swimming pool for her grandson who is gonna spend a few here. I cheated and used the air compressor with the radiator cleaner outer. After we were done, I made the air whistle by holding two fingers together on the end. The filly couldn't figure out what the noise was or where it was coming from and did some lookin around bopping her head up and down. My wife finally made me quit teasin her.

(the horse)

:D  :D  :D
Haytrader

Tom

You should build a Mister from a piece of PVC strung between two poles.  PUt a spring loaded valve on it that she could step on. It wouldn't take long and she would have it all figured out.

The misting nozzles are those small diameter ones that you stick into the little black hoses for misting gardens. There wouldn't be too much water involved and it probably wouldn't make too much of a mess. ;D :D

Roxie

Yep, they're like kids.  That's a good picture Haytrader!   :D
Say when

Timburr

Does she eat her melon with g rits?
Sense is not common

Norm

Did you splash some paint on that poor horse? ;D

I had a water hose strung through the fat horses pasture that had a hole in it. She stood there in the spray getting a shower, they sure do get on your soft side don't they. :)

crtreedude

I never thought I would become a horse lover, but down here you HAVE to have horses to get around and they are such good horses.

I always warn people about our horses - very well behaved, but NOT trail horses, they are work horses and they love to run.

All the Ticos are amused because the "herd" (5 horses) follow me around when I am on the plantation. I have never given them anything except petting.  There is a ton of fruit trees on the finca though (manzanas de agua, mangos, avocados, etc.) so they aren't suffering. They like to get into the bananas if they can.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Haytrader

No grits around here.........yukk.

Ashually, the wife does eat them once in a while.
I never could get enough butter or sugar on em to make em tasty.
:D
I used to have hogs so we call the misters "hog foggers"
She has plenty of shade trees anyway.

Norm,  She was sick when I bought her at a sale for a little bit of nothing.
I thought she was purdy.
Haytrader

MULE_MAN

I like horse's colored up like that , I think there neat !  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Haytrader

::)

Hey, whos da culprit who doctered up my post??

It must be a grits fan.

:(
Haytrader

Haytrader

Yikes, it happened again.
A feller has gotta be careful what he says.........gulp.

:D
Haytrader

Ga_Boy

Good Post!

Maybe I need to trade my dog for a horse, he want me to cut the watermelon in to bit size pieces for him and he loves the heart.

It's hard to sit there and eat watermelon with this dog pawing at my leg wanting his share.

I'll bet horses don't beg for there share.

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

crtreedude

Don't bet on it....

And they can be a lot more insistent....

Roxie

In May of this year, one of our friends had a Thoroughbred foal that needed a little help with going potty.  Here is Cowboy Bob giving the foal some help.  This foal is only 12 hours old!

The foals Mama was not to pleased with us fussing with her baby.  Notice the foals legs are already as long as his Mama's!   :)

Say when

Buzz-sawyer

I am suprised Bob didnt just put the foal in a porta potty and roll it down a hill.....I am sure that would of got things going...............
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Daren

I think I am weird, we have many friends with horses. We are the age when are friends are having babies. For some reason the newborn horses are always the pics we like better that the baby pics. I went to high school in a  VERY small town, we had a horse pasture next to our baseball diamond. There was a little wire fence between the 2. I always scheduled P.E. (gym, whatever we always went outdside) in the afternoon. Some of us shoved apple slices and carrots in our gym shorts from lunch to feed the horses.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Haytrader

Daren,

I bought the melon eater when she was sick. I could see what she would loook like when she got better.
To me, she is a work of art and if I could get a nickel every time I glanced out the slider to look at her, I would have some change.
Some people buy paintings to hang on the wall. I got my paint just outside the fence.

;)
Haytrader

crtreedude

Here is Hector giving our filly a hand.

Thank You Sponsors!