iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS 660

Started by maltby, April 10, 2018, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maltby

I have a lot of trouble starting this chainsaw.  Sometimes it pulls the handle out of my hands.  I even switched to a full "emergency responder" style Stihl handle with no success.  Has been at the shop for about a month now, so I assume they're searching also.  Any clues?

realzed

ehp

check flywheel has not spun abit on crank, the key can and does break on them, other thing is if some switched coils to the wrong flywheel

BLink

What about one that doesn't start again after running it a bit?
Any suggestions?
There are a lot of Old Loggers.
There are a lot of Bold Loggers.
But there ain't a lot of Old, Bold Loggers!

Stihl 034, Stihl 009, Husquvarna 3120, 540 Allis Chalmers Loader, International T1340 Crawler Drott 4in1 Loader, JCB 1400B, Cat IT14F

DaveP

My 660 does the same thing sometimes.  I thought maybe it was  flooding it.  Now I am going to check the fly  wheel.

charles mann

Quote from: BLink on April 01, 2021, 11:58:47 PM
What about one that doesn't start again after running it a bit?
Any suggestions?
It wasnt a stihl, but a jonsered 2166 that would run for a bit till good and hot, then sputter out and die and would not crank back up till cooled off. 
I had a new carb installed and no more issues. The diaphragm had dry rotted from using pump gas before switching to 100LL avgas. Havent had any issues out of any of my aircooled gassers in years since switching fuel type. I even let the stuff sit for months on end and my 661 is 5 yrs old and an occasional use saw and no issues with avgas. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Thank You Sponsors!