iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Equipment brokers. ???

Started by BargeMonkey, December 06, 2015, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Wondering how many of you guys have dealt with an equipment broker, and anything to watch out for ? I've been listing stuff locally but to many tire kickers and dreamers. Have talked with this broker in the past, seems pretty decent, seems to move alot of iron. Anyone care to PM me who to avoid ?

Northern Logger

I've only dealt with one in my life and the machine had serious issues afterwards.  As you know, you will probably save yourself a lot of money buying directly from an owner and you'll probably get more complete answers to your questions regarding the condition and use of the machine.  Good luck.

Lumberjohn

I think he wants to sell, through one, not buy? I have a paper I just got in the mail that advertises equipment. It is the Loggers Buying Guide and Equipment trader. I have no experience through them. I didnt see an address, try googling it.

BargeMonkey

Ive bought and sold thru the lumbermens and the log buyers guide before, my dad and i figure we have bought / sold close to 1mil  thru the want-ad the last 5 yrs and wasn't having any luck. I just dont have the time or patience to deal with idiots, and more and more i dont need random people at my sawmill poking around, another local guy just had his trailer chains stolen by a junkie for heroin money. Figured maybe a few of you guys have had good luck with someone, I handled it yesterday and hopefully the guy does as promised. I've got another pit I want to open next year and this will help put me into another track screener, not going small this time. ;)

wannaergo

We just bought a bulldozer through forestryequipmentsales.com and they were great to deal with. We also really like lakeshore in Wakefield.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

BargeMonkey

I've got nothing but good things to say about Lakeshore. Don and Stephanie have been great to deal with. My gripe about "FES" is you call on a machine, listed in the "NE" and oops it's in GA, 3-5 days before you get a call back, I've tried 3-4 times calling about stuff, money / credit  in hand and haven't had any luck. I'm dealing with Tom Hirt @ FSK and he really seems decent, knew right off what stuff was and didn't beat around the bush about it. The ultimate worst is NORTRAX, we are very deere heavy at home but that's going to change as stuff gets upgraded to Cat from Southworth Milton, they are really pushing for business, especially forestry equipment. A friend of ours just bought a new 574 and had nothing but good things to say.

Thank You Sponsors!