iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rotobec forwarder

Started by Frickman, August 21, 2007, 08:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frickman

I just saw a Rotobec forwarder on Ebay. It looks alot like the Iron Mule forwarders you folks run in the Great Lakes region. Is it the same machine with a different badge, or am I just seeing things?
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Gary_C

No, not the same machine.

I believe the Rotobec is made in Canada and I know the Iron Mules were made in Gladstone, Michigan by Gafner. The Gafner Company was bought by Valmet (Partec Forest products) including the building and the Iron Mule evolved into the Valmet 544 Forwarder.

Later Partec bought Timbco and moved their entire US operations to Timbco's new building in Shanno, WI. Then Komatsu bought all of Partec's Forest Products and still runs their forest products operations out of Shanno.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ron Scott

Yes, different machines, though they may look somewhat alike. We have the Gafner Iron Mule still being used here alot. Haven't seen any Rotobec's in use here yet. It is a Canadian built machine and more popular in Canada I believe.

~Ron

Frickman

Thanks for the answers. They looked real similar to me.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!